Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St. Louis Ribs. Sunday Smoke

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729

Got home from New Orleans and immediatley lit the XL Egg. Got a rack of St. Loius on by 2pm and they were done at 6:30. Cooked them at about 275.  Didn't wrap till the end and wrapped them with Blues Hog original.

I usually like my ribs dry. But my wife likes what I call "commercial" ribs. With lots of sauce. I have been trying to figure out how to cook them with that much sauce and this was the first time she thought they were saucy enough. Everyone else loved them as well. So instead of a 3/2/1 or 3/1/1.5 I did a 4/1/0.
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking ribs brother. I get a wild hair every now and again and sauce mine too. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Tupac
    Tupac Posts: 20
    Options
    They look great. I'm the same way, prefer dry. Wife prefers sauced. I usually go with a 3/1/1 between 250-275. Can't beat the St. Louis cut. I recently started making my own sauce, sweet/ketchupy for her and spicy vinegar based for me. Should have started doing that long ago. 
    Options
    Looks good to me. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    oh yellz yeah!
    Options
    Jeez! Those sure do look well sauced. Drooling. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was definitely a great weekend in BBQ for me!  I'll be finishing up my UDS this week too. So I'm about to enjoy a significant increase in smoker real estate. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum