Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi, my name is.....

Options
dmirish1
dmirish1 Posts: 115
My name is Dennis and I have a problem with cooking pizza. Ever since getting the egg I've been making all sorts of awesome cooks. I find that when I see all these posts about pizza during the day it forces me to have to make pizza that night. The pizza has been coming out better and better each time we cook them. No more burnt bottoms or charred sides. No more oddly shaped pizza's because I couldn't get it off the spatula. They come off perfectly now. I found last night to be when I knew I had this problem. We finally started making our own dough and it also came out fantastic. I make two pizza's that came out perfect. But we still had dough left and I was already full. I found myself wanting to cook more pizza's only because they were coming out perfectly. I had to talk myself out of making pizza. As I poured another beer into my 30oz yeti from our keg I knew I had a problem. Too much love for the food that the egg was cooking. Is there anyone else that keeps cooking on the egg only because it produces the best cooked food? Am I the only one that has to invite people over for leftovers (usually spread over pizza) because we keep making to much food?

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Welcome to the world of OCD BGEggers. You are not alone. There are thousands like you out there. Be at peace my brother.
    People actually don't have a BGE, and in their personal, blissfully ignorant lives, subjects such as KAB, WOO, WOO2, CI, Thermopens, Quality Lump, Tong length, spatula sizes, tables, are not spoke of. 
    Yes, I know, strange, yet very true.
     People  actually spend money on things not related to the BGE. They cook on stoves. Inside homes. Yes, I said it. They cook inside, real meals. SMH.
    It is up to us to educate the masses.
    So fill up your 30, and preach the divine word of all things BGE. It is a daunting task, yet it must be done.
    Peace.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • rmercier
    rmercier Posts: 212
    Options
    You need help
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Now I want pizza!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You're not alone.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If I rig up my LBGE for pizza, I cook six regardless of how many we eat.  Leftover pizza, in my book, is a good leftover meal.
    Options
    I don't do pizza as often as I should. I'm gonna soon. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    At some egg fest we need to pose for a Walking Dead like shot of us parading around with tongs and thermapens..   Maybe like the group dance in the old Thriller video.  Vincent Price could narrate.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I rarely make pizza without having guests over, it just scales better for that and our friends love pizza night, everybody gets to make a pie or two and we share them as they come off.