Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ginger Hoisin Shrimp

Options
ShesGotEggs
ShesGotEggs Posts: 103
Made ginger hoisin shrimp tonight and Vietnamese turkey burgers. Here's a link to the shrimp recipe: http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/ginger-hoisin-summer-shrimp

The recipe said to cook the shrimp with the shell on, claiming it makes them juicier, I am not going to do that next time. Too much of a mess while eating and everything else you touch on the table gets messy.

For the turkey burgers I used the same marinade as the shrimp recipe plus some fish sauce and diced lemongrass. Mixed the marinade into the ground turkey and formed little sliders that we ate inside of lettuce wraps with pickled cucumbers.

Comments

• SwineBelly
    SwineBelly Posts: 14
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me. Nice size shrimp too.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'd eat that!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Were the shrimp market fresh?  I'd eat it. The rest of the family prefers them deshelled and deveined. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The recipe said to cook the shrimp with the shell on, 

I like to grill them with the shell on myself. I'm a messy eater so the little extra mess due to the shells is right up my alley. Sorry I missed this when you first posted it. Great looking grub sister and thanks for sharing the link. Great job :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ShesGotEggs
    ShesGotEggs Posts: 103
    Options
    They were definitely fresh!! Thanks all for the nice comments.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Looks an sound awesome! I'm with you on the shrimp shells. All the pro chefs keep them on, go figure. I think it's just pomp and circumstance, so to speak. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Another great post. 
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Nice cook.  I like removing the shells before cooking. Rather wrestle with them in the kitchen than at the dinner table.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Those look awesome. Thanks for sharing! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chauncy
    Chauncy Posts: 47
    Options
    Amazing! I haven't cooked seafood in my egg yet