Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sold joe jr looking for best place to buy mini max

Options
2»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Please report back with how you like the MM. I wish I would have kept my KJ in my opinion its set up much better with the extra space between the heat deflector and the grate.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    I am patiently awaiting @Jeepster47 's comments
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    Options
    RRP said:
    Ask @Jeepster47 about some tools he borrowed once.  Pretty sure it almost caused a divorce.
    OK - I'll bite - can you give us an inkling since it doesn't look like ol' dad wants to recall that incident.  =)
    I will leave it up to him.  I'm risking my inheritence by just bringing it up ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    wait...sold for 275 actually..  SO
    @Lit your saying the JR is better for more putting in more lump and keeping it steady for a butt like 6-8hrs without having to add lump? i usually put wood chunks between the three metal legs to lift it up getting heat deflector off of the extra lump i added.. it works well... falls if i move but it works well for a turbo and don't have to touch it..... so saying that the MM isn't going to work with that?
    Beaufort, SC
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    wait...sold for 275 actually..  SO
    @Lit your saying the JR is better for more putting in more lump and keeping it steady for a butt like 6-8hrs without having to add lump? i usually put wood chunks between the three metal legs to lift it up getting heat deflector off of the extra lump i added.. it works well... falls if i move but it works well for a turbo and don't have to touch it..... so saying that the MM isn't going to work with that?
    No my issue is the radiant heat from the platesetter being so close has charred the bottom of several of my cooks. The plate setter is only 2-3" from the cooking grate where th eJoe is a good 5".
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I got mine, in a stand with a PS, mini tool, a bag lump, starter squares for $549, and they even carried everything to my car. I thought I paid too much, but, after reading some of these experiences, I think I might have done ok.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sameday
    Sameday Posts: 43
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I got mine, in a stand with a PS, mini tool, a bag lump, starter squares for $549, and they even carried everything to my car. I thought I paid too much, but, after reading some of these experiences, I think I might have done ok.
    That is a good price.  The $500 at Roswell Hardware doesn't include PS.  
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    The clean burn altered the top cap, now rusting part of it... the stand has some rust but nothing major... I found a dealer on my route home to do 512 plus tax.. total with deflector is 585.73 after tax.. 
    Do yourself a favor and leave the PS at the dealer. Instead, opt for the MM Woo combo. I got the PS in a good deal from a dealer but it's still sitting in the box because I picked up the combo. I've also never used the drip pan that came with the combo, but at least I have it if I ever need it.

Just went to the CGS site and it looks like the MM Woo is on sale for $39.99.