Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mary had a little Rack of Lamb

Options
....Her fleece was white as snow....
Tried my first (2) racks of lamb at the same time.  Feeding three adults and one hungry adolescent. After reading several posts here, I  decided to go with direct fire ON a cast aluminum griddle/skillet.  Kept the grill temperature at a steady 360 F with the guru and started some small red potatoes about 30 minutes ahead of the lamb.  The lamb hit 130 F in about 35 to 40 minutes. Increased the rack temperature to 400 F and placed the racks directly on the grill rib side UP and let it sear for 10 minutes. Lamb rested for about 10 minutes before serving with grilled sweet corn and asparagus and everything was consumed within about 10 minutes - this was AFTER everyone had pan seared scallops for the appetizer.  Needless to say, everyone enjoyed the lamb immensely!! This will happen again in the not so distant future.  Next on the BGE trial will be pizza.  The Egg is a great new addition to my outdoor fun.
XL BGE Owner/Operator
Millersville, PA

Comments