Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My butcher must've been drunk

Grillin_beers
Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
A little background info first.  All of my beef comes from my inlaws cattle farm up it TN.  It's all free range organic and all of that good stuff and it is unusual for the meat to not grade out as prime.  Typically the butcher that processes the cows for us does a very good job but this time not so much.  When I defrosted the t-bones expecting 2 thick ones, I was very surprised to find 4 skimpy ones.  Besides that they were uneven.  Anyways I tried out a rub that @ctmike was generous enough to send in the rub exchange, Meat Church's Holy Cow.  The rub was very good.  A little bit of spice and a whole lot of flavor without overpowering the meat.  Since they were so thin they were a little more well done that I like, but my wife loves her steaks burned so oh well. 
1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 

Comments