Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fourth of July prime brisket and other great stuff

Defrosted a prime brisket for the Fourth of July bbq I hosted, came out great again. Not pictured was the green chile mac & cheese we prepared, that went quick.

It was a big one at 16.73lbs pre-trim. Had a little nugget for breakfast that I had trimmed off the night before.

Finished at just over 196F in the flat, probing like butter all over.

Also did ABTs and some pig shots. I should have put a jalapeno slice on every pig shot, those ones were gone first. (no cooked pics)

And lastly for dessert, a fruit cookie pizza. This is pretty much my favorite summer time dessert, amazing.

Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Looks great!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,165
    Nothing radioactive about those cooks.  Friggin banquet right there. Most eggcellent across the board.  Glad all enjoyed.  
    Go USA!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    That's might fine eats. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Thanks! That brisket was amazing, wishing I still had some left.

Also if anyone was wondering, it doesn't appear that Costco's full packers are blade tenderized. I just wish them sold them here in Albuquerque. I usually have to buy a few and store them at my folk's house in Houston, from there I have to bring a few back frozen in a suitcase.
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Looks great!!  how do you make the fruit cookie pizza? 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Its just a big sugar cookie from a just add butter/egg cookie mix, topped with cream cheese frosting after fully cooling, then topped with an arrangement of berries. It's always a crowd pleaser!