Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Could lose my Man card, but today USWNT-soccer/futbol World Cup Final

Options
13»

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    That ad is one the organizing put in a Vancouver newspaper, Alex Morgan is a Raiders fan - it appears to have worked. 

@Ladeback69

The team is being rebuilt the right way the first time in team history, sleeping giant is waking up led by Derek Carr and Khalil Mack... besides we have been down for over a decade, but still have won a playoff game more recently than KC. ;) 

Yes, the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in almost 21 years.  They came close 2 years ago.  I am hoping that changes this year.  Will see.  I wonder how good the Bronco's will be this year with a new head coach and an aging Peyton Manning.  I think the division is up for grabs this year.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I guess domestic violence doesn't matter when you're playing a "fringe" sport.  :|
    Watch out, she'll beat your ass!

He might enjoy that!
    Uh no...I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole.   I'm definitely not a soccer fan. With US women's soccer doing nothing about the Hope Solo's "Ray Rice without the video" incident and men's soccer being horribly corrupt (much like every other international organization) just furthers my opinion that soccer is a joke. 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    It's the same FIFA as the Men's side...  Even the head of FIFA didn't show for the awards because of all the garbage going on!  

And bs some of those "women" needed genetic testing if you know what I mean!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    It's the same FIFA as the Men's side...  Even the head of FIFA didn't show for the awards because of all the garbage going on!  

And bs some of those "women" needed genetic testing if you know what I mean!!!
    You mean like Abby Wambach?  Soccer for kids is good, but when it gets into being a world sport like FIFA to many people getting involved and things can go to heal.  That's why I am not big on the NFL branching out to other countries.  I told my wife about Hope Solo's domestic abuse charge on her sister and her nephew last year.  That girl has a temper, but so do a lot of professional sports people.  Her's I believe was a little alcohol induced too, but doesn't make it right.  I don't know if they would have won with out her.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

3. Mark where throw ins and free kicks are to be taken. Do not allow players to place the ball or throw it in from where they feel it should be - ensure it is fair like the use of shaving cream to keep the distance between the striker and the wall on free kicks. 

I guess domestic violence doesn't matter when you're playing a "fringe" sport.  :|
    Watch out, she'll beat your ass!

He might enjoy that!
    Uh no...I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole.   I'm definitely not a soccer fan. With US women's soccer doing nothing about the Hope Solo's "Ray Rice without the video" incident and men's soccer being horribly corrupt (much like every other international organization) just furthers my opinion that soccer is a joke. 
    FIFA doesn't control rules or national leagues, just international matches.  Yes, they are corrupt and it's nice they're getting busted.  

As to Hope Solo, I read the story and it sounds like she was a violent drunken douche.  Take any sport or occupation and you have a cross-cut of society. 

My personal thoughts about criminal behavior and professionalism - let the professions govern as they will but the criminal behavior should be dealt with via the legal justice system. 

Soccer is no better or worse (by the metrics you're using) than any other professional sport so either you're wrong or they're all "jokes".

As I said earlier, people learn to hate soccer.  They really don't know anything about it.
    Options
    I really don't have an issue with Hope Solo, Hans Solo or whoever she is. Just another dumbass. My beef is the that "league" basically brushed the incident under the rug. Everybody jumped on the NFL's case in regards to not being stiff enough on domestic violence but soccer gets a pass and she's a woman so gets another free pass? When it's a woman, it's "oh she had a few too many drinks, no big deal". What a double standard. 

I know all about soccer and I still think it's a joke. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I really don't have an issue with Hope Solo, Hans Solo or whoever she is. Just another dumbass. My beef is the that "league" basically brushed the incident under the rug. Everybody jumped on the NFL's case in regards to not being stiff enough on domestic violence but soccer gets a pass and she's a woman so gets another free pass? When it's a woman, it's "oh she had a few too many drinks, no big deal". What a double standard. 

I know all about soccer and I still think it's a joke. 
    And I think hope solo had had more than one incident.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Actually she was acquitted (on a technicality) so what's a sports organization to do?  Open up a court of popular opinion and rule on that?  

Fine and dandy if you think soccer is a joke.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Plenty of other people in the world feel the same way about American football.  And some people like it, but it's not exactly catching on.
    Options
    Spoiler alert!  - professional wrestling is actually ACTING!!!  bleeep bleep aroogah aroogah!!  Do I consider it a joke?  No.  Some people believe in it and that helps them stay calm and not shoot people.
    Options
    Spoiler alert!  - professional wrestling is actually ACTING!!!  bleeep bleep aroogah aroogah!!  Do I consider it a joke?  No.  Some people believe in it and that helps them stay calm and not shoot people.
    Well now you're just talking crazy talk!   Those dudes are real!
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Actually she was acquitted (on a technicality) so what's a sports organization to do?  Open up a court of popular opinion and rule on that?  

This is exactly what happens in other sports. Big Ben was never charged but was suspended for six games (reduced to four) for violating the conduct policy. Hell Ray Rice got two games until the video came out and the court of public opinion ruled. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Rassling ain't fake, ight!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    we just expect too much of our sports heros and forget they're people.  people get off on technicalities or get acquitted in the face of what people (as opposed to courts & juries) see as proof or get some sort of leniency everyday - we just don't see it when it's the guy down the street.  if you can afford a good lawyer, your odds are better.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Personally I don't think any of them should lose their job for DV. Serve your legal punishment and move on. If everybody in the country who was charged with DV lost their jobs..... 

The problem I have is the double standard within the court of public opinion as well as the sports organizations. 

At least wrestling is entertaining.  
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Some of the "acting" in men's soccer is pretty good, but, as it was said earlier, the miracles that happen after the other person gets a yellow-card is AMAZING!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!