Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canada Day Cook

Options
Celebrated Canada Day and my step-son's 24th birthday this evening. Just a small group of six. Did some homemade guacamole, ABT's, brisket burger sliders, homemade Italian sausage, baked beans and corn on the cob. For the ABT's I did three stuffed with Italian sausage and three stuffed with guacamole. The guacamole ones were fantastic!

Cored and seeded the jalapenos

Stuffed them

Wrapped them

Cooked them

Ate them

Homemade guacamole

Sliders

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Very Canadian!  ;)
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Very Canadian!  ;)
    Yeah, it's how I was brought up!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Awesome cook!!  Love the guac dish!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That sure does look mighty fine brother of the North. Im honestly not sure what Canada Day is, but I hope that you had a great one my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    SGH said:
    That sure does look mighty fine brother of the North. Im honestly not sure what Canada Day is, but I hope that you had a great one my friend.  
    Canada Day is like the 4th of July without the war.
    Options
    Thats a lot of burgers, looks great!  I like the idea of stuffing the peppers from the end instead of cutting them in half, will try that next time!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    YYZegger said:
    Thats a lot of burgers, looks great!  I like the idea of stuffing the peppers from the end instead of cutting them in half, will try that next time!
    Yeah, it makes them much easier to handle and less cheese run out when cooked.
    Options
    I will def try the Guac stuffed Jalapenos. It is amazing how many different ideas people can come up with. That's why I love my BGE Forum.

Great looking cooks my friend !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

great cook. I am gonna have to try the guac stuffed ABT's immediately. Thanks for the idea

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Have never tried the guacamole stuffed ABTs. Everything looks great. Nice!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    TTC said:

great cook. I am gonna have to try the guac stuffed ABT's immediately. Thanks for the idea

I actually got the idea for the guacamole stuffing from having fried guacamole at the Texas State Fair several years ago. They'll fry just about anything down there and, frankly, I was underwhelmed with the fried guacamole.

As a stuffer for the ABT's, though, it was fantastic. I will definitely do it again.
    Options
    Great looking food what kinda of beer were you enjoying

Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cook861 said:
    Great looking food what kinda of beer were you enjoying

Thanks! I think that was just an Alexander Keith's Red Ale.