Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you access this forum?

Options
eksmoke
eksmoke Posts: 19
I've been accessing the forum through the webpage on my ios... I find the site difficult to navigate / find / save items. Is there an app that others use? I've used Tapatalk, but that doesn't seem to work w/ this site.
Thank you.

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Vanilla kind of blows on mobile.
    NOLA
  • eksmoke
    eksmoke Posts: 19
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Vanilla kind of blows on mobile.
    yup.
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    Vanilla blows on a computer too. Click on topics and you may have a 50/50 shot the page will open.....take that vBulletin 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Both iOS mobile and windows desktop - both having major issues. Seems the admins are on vacation 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    On the internet.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    I use a Mac/Firefox - don't even bother with the phone, I transfer the pictures from my phone before sharing them here.

Recently, I've had to "cmd-R" after every click through to re-load the page, otherwise it's just white screen.

Yeah, Vanilla is cheap.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• DinnerIsComing
    Options
    Browsing on my Android mobile is fine. Putting up pictures from mobile is a completely different story.
    Brace yourself,
    DinnerIsComing
     XLBGE
    22" Weber Kettle
    Weber Spirit E-310 Propane Gasser
    The Webers make for nice Eggcessory storage bins!

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Via a web browser on Mac and PCs, primarily.
    Occasionally via my iPhone.

I don't particularly dislike Vanilla.  All of the open source forum software has problems.  The bugs are annoying but I'm not sure if that is Vanilla or how this forum is hosted/managed.  It takes a knowledgeable person to set it up and debug issues.

The reload bug is annoying.  The bug that popped up a while ago where you couldn't include most links is annoying.  In fact anything that sends the post to moderation is a joke.   

This forum adds significant value to new and future BGE owners.  And being linked on their page, it is the first place owners go.  BGE should invest more resources in management of this site....  That said, it works most of the time just fine and they kind of leave us alone which is nice.  It's annoying to be on a forum with an overbearing moderator presence.  We should be careful what we ask for.  ;)

Oh yeah, this BUG pops up every day for me now also... "There was an error performing your request. Please try again"   Every day...I mean EVERY POST!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    KiterTodd said:   

This forum adds significant value to new and future BGE owners.  And being linked on their page, it is the first place owners go.  BGE should invest more resources in management of this site....  That said, it works most of the time just fine and they kind of leave us alone which is nice.  It's annoying to be on a forum with an overbearing moderator presence.  We should be careful what we ask for.  ;)

You are absolutely right, there is a great deal of useful information on this site, and many great people. Unfortunately, for a very few, yet significant reasons; I do not use this site as much as I would like, or contribute as much as I should. Unlike, many food based sites where people "debate" topics to death; our members actually make food. Grilling, smoking, roasting, and baking may be the focus of this site; however, many other topics that our members delve into, and contribute. It is a shame so much is lost, do to an insufficient platform. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    rcone said:
    ... Unlike, many food based sites where people "debate" topics to death; our members actually make food. Grilling, smoking, roasting, and baking may be the focus of this site; however, many other topics that our members delve into, and contribute. It is a shame so much is lost, do to an insufficient platform. 
    That's one of the things I like about the people on this forum also.   We've all seen forums on a variety of topics where you grow hesitant to post anything in anticipation of all the people who will come down on you for doing it wrong (i.e. different than them).  Pretty respectful group here!

But, sad to read folks hold back good input because of the platform. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    I love this forum but with this phone it can be pain.with this phone I can read anywhere any time even with connection problems.I have a lap top but windows explorer half works but when it does it's a snape to get in to the forum, l'd like to see it has cable channel when I'm home.
  • steventconners20
    Options
    For those using iPhone's here is a link to a thread.  If you look through the comments you can see how to access the "Desktop Version" of the website on your phone allowing you full access to the site. 
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1180791/forum-help#latest
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    On my tablet, of course!  Here's Wilma handing it to me yesterday.

Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Lately I have been accessing the forum with some difficulty given the "first world" hic-cups of pages not loading etc.  But I use a desktop (windows or apple) around 95+% of the time. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    iPad most of the time, iMac the rest of the time. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!