Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prayers, Good Thoughts, or Whatever You Have For My Son's Friend.

Options

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So very sorry
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    You got it John!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Thank you all so very much. It means a lot to me for you guys to do this. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Prayers sent
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Family and I will pray for Ross.  Situations like this are a parents worst nightmare.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Done
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Ross is in our thoughts. 

You're right John. Other peoples kids are like our own when you are involved with their lives.  Really scary stuff. That young man had a long hard road ahead of him. 
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Hate to hear stuff like this John. Praying for Ross and his close friends and family for healing.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Sending up prayers for a speedy recovery!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. I am hoping to get an update from him this afternoon. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Please send our best wishes for a full recovery to Ross and his family.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I'll be perfectly honest, I do not pray enough, but something of this magnitude comes up I make it a point to.

Let us know what the update is. 
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Sorry to hear brother. Best of luck on speedy recovery.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• johnkitchens
    Options
    I have an update on Ross. I just talked with his sister and she said he is better today and talking some! I verified that his only injuries are to his vertebrae and his small intestine. He does not have broken legs so I am thankful for that.

I asked how long they thought he would be in the hospital, and she said they were told that in 7 to 10 days they would let them know what they thought at that time.

I guess that means they will see how he does over the next week or so and then make a decision.

I want to thank ALL of you once again for your prayers and well wishes. I told her that I had a lot of guys praying for him and her entire family. I could tell it meant a lot to her.  

You guys are great. 

• Smokehouse33
    Smokehouse33 Posts: 185
    Options
    He'll be in our prayers! 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Great news!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Been there, i know what they are going through. Good vibes, positive thoughts and well wishes coming Ross's way.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    Absolutely.  Sending prayers his way
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    Prayers sent now and more tonight for Ross!!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Good to hear!! Hang in there Ross!! 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Options
    Many prayers man! I did not read all the comments here but I will say that the fact that I had to get to the second page to offer my condolences again goes to show what this forum is capable of. Despite threads like Devastated (man that was fun and awful!) this forum is full of love for our fellow Egghead brethren. Best wishes, prayers, and speedy recovery to the young man!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers to your sons friend and his family!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @johnkitchens That is great news. We will keep Ross and has family in our thoughts for a speedy recovery.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • pluffmud
    pluffmud Posts: 15
    Options
    Our gracious heavenly Father, we pray you would guide the hands and decisions of Ross' doctors and restore his health.
    "The Lowcountry" (Mt. Pleasant, SC) ~ LBGE
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I will be sure to keep Ross in my prayers, John. 
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• keepervodeflame
    Options
    Prayers sent, and my wife and I will pray later this evening, as well. (Where two or more are gathered……) Also prayed for your son and your family in this time of tragedy and concern. Very sad anytime a young person is injured seriously. 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    You guys are the best. I really, really, appreciate it. You don't know how much. 

• Golfergirl
    Golfergirl Posts: 15
    Options
    Will pray...thank you for sharing.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Glad to hear that there is some good news with his injuries not being as severe as thought. Prayering for him, his family, and friends. Please keep us posted on how he's doing. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!