Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - best movies lately

Options
sumoconnell
sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
Hey all - I got into Kodi lately, seen all the latest movies - what's you're favoritve the last few months?
Mine are easy to name - Boyhood and Whiplash.  Didn't fully get into birdman, I think theater kids would totally get it, but not for me.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Loved Whiplash.  Saw Furious 7 while on vacation, it is really good for what it is.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    The Imitation Game and The Theory of Everything were great.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Chef, Wild, Whiplash, Boyhood and Nightcrawler. Gone Girl was pretty good too.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Interstellar has been my favorite of the last 6 months.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Woman In Gold is a great story about Nazi abuse in Vienna.  Macfarland, USA is a very good Kevin Costner movie.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    Loved Boyhood but I'm a Linklater fanboy.  If you haven't seen some of his other stuff, I definitely recommend it.

I really want to check out Inherent Vice, my friends really liked it and I'm also a PT Anderson fanboy.  

Ex Machina looks great too.
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I saw boyhood.  And while I could relate to it, and laughed at many parts of it, I felt I had wasted the evening watching it.  I know what my life was like growing up, it was pretty much the same while yet quite different.  My parents didn't divorce, but my real mom died.  I was raised most of my life by my stepmom and my real dad.  I did things I was supposed to do.  I did things I wasn't supposed to do.  I got picked on, I got beat up, and I had some good friends.
    Good stuff happened, bad stuff happened.  I didn't find the movie provided a real storyline that captivated my interest and even more important, provided a substantial ending.  I did watch the whole thing hoping for more, but when it was over, it was like "meh".  Now last night, I watched "the messenger", and that was good.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I guess Pulp Fiction doesn't qualify? :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Zmokin
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I guess Pulp Fiction doesn't qualify? :)
    That's a classic.

• oldgeezeystax
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    I saw boyhood.  And while I could relate to it, and laughed at many parts of it, I felt I had wasted the evening watching it.  I know what my life was like growing up, it was pretty much the same while yet quite different.  My parents didn't divorce, but my real mom died.  I was raised most of my life by my stepmom and my real dad.  I did things I was supposed to do.  I did things I wasn't supposed to do.  I got picked on, I got beat up, and I had some good friends.
    Good stuff happened, bad stuff happened.  I didn't find the movie provided a real storyline that captivated my interest and even more important, provided a substantial ending.  I did watch the whole thing hoping for more, but when it was over, it was like "meh".  Now last night, I watched "the messenger", and that was good.
    I could have watched another 3 hours easily.
  • Zmokin
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    I could have watched another 3 hours easily.
    just goes to show, we all have different ideas about what is enjoyable and what is so-so.  Glad you enjoyed it, I know from the ratings on imdb lots of people did, it just wasn't my cup o' tea.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @oldgeezeystax I haven't watched Boyhood yet, but my kids have and loved it.  They said it was like watching a movie about their childhood.  It was filmed at their elementary school, the house is nearby and some of their good friends are in some of the classroom scenes.

I loved Inherent Vice.

Can't wait for Mad Max.
  • oldgeezeystax
    oldgeezeystax Posts: 313
    Options
    SWMBO will be away tomorrow night so I might head out to see It Follows.  My buddy said it's creepy as hell and really good but there is NO WAY she would go see it.  

Is there a what's good on Netflix thread somewhere?  I have some recommendations to throw out.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @oldgeezeystax I just found your Instagram. If you are ever hitting up ski liberty, let me know. I can comp you all day passes. Also, based on your downtown haunts, I'm sure we've passed each other a time or 2.
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    @oldgeezeystax I just found your Instagram. If you are ever hitting up ski liberty, let me know. I can comp you all day passes. Also, based on your downtown haunts, I'm sure we've passed each other a time or 2.
    I like all of that!
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    @Eggcelsior When I'm digging through the meat at Wegmans, I'm always wondering if you are among the other meat browsers.