Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Any knowledge of Heuck Cast Iron?

Options
Friend asked if I had ever used Heuck CI, I have some Lodge and a couple of vintage Japanese pieces, but had no first hand experience with Heuck. Anyone used it? Know where it is made? etc...
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Don't see any stores listed as retailers.  I'll bet they are Chinese knock-offs. 10 inch skillet sells for about 20 bucks.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I'd never heard of them until now, but I see that Walmart carries their line. Says "Imported" in the description.

If you look at the "About" page on their website, it appears that they have (or used to have?) a product called Korn-Hold. :lol: 

http://www.heuck.com/AboutUs.aspx

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    they actually sell the turkey popup timers =) i could be reselling these
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I'd never heard of them until now, but I see that Walmart carries their line. Says "Imported" in the description.

If you look at the "About" page on their website, it appears that they have (or used to have?) a product called Korn-Hold. :lol: 

http://www.heuck.com/AboutUs.aspx
    Duh! I must have had a senior’s moment...never thought to just Google the company web site. I do know about the turkey lacing set and the timer pop-ups, just din’t know who made them.
    @DaveRichardson - the price is what attracted my buddy, I’m thinking. Noted the prices are about the same Canadian or US Amazon. Lodge products are at least twice as much in Canada. 
    Thanks for the info. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    How deep into the great white north is you buddy?  Might be worth a road trip to Michigan or whatever boarder state and grabbing some Lodge that way!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    How deep into the great white north is you buddy?  Might be worth a road trip to Michigan or whatever boarder state and grabbing some Lodge that way!
    Exactly what I offered him, I cross border all the time (Washington is about 10 minutes), told him we can work something out. He does not have a passport (I know, go figure)
    Had not really paid attention to Heuck until he asked.