Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night burgers!

Options
stv8r
stv8r Posts: 1,127
My daughter asked for burgers last night, just as I was passing the butcher shop. Stopped in and purchased some freshly ground chuck. Prepared the chuck patties and sprinkled with  Red Robin seasoning, and fired up the egg. Meanwhile I made a fresh batch of guacamole for my burger. Also put a few stalks of asparagus in some garlic/herb infused oil.  Cooked the burgers to 160 and the asparagus to my liking, basting with the oil(I don't like a lot of crunch). Finished hers with American cheese and mine with pepper jack. Quick and delicious!

Comments

• stv8r
    Options
    Sorry for the pics being out of order and rotated. Can't figure out why this forum does that? Randomly changes order from upload and rotates pics 90deg? I uploaded pics rotated correctly and in order? Can anyone explain how to fix that in the future?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother that is some fine looking grub for sure. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stv8r
    Options
    Thank you sir!  No insights on the pic posting issues anyone?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Thank you sir!  No insights on the pic posting issues anyone?
    None from me. Since they changed it around, most of the time my pics are jumbled up or half of them don't post. At this point, I just hope for the best. Maybe others can help.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    That looks great!  Is the red robin from the restaurant?  

I just let let vanilla do the pics, I give up. 
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Nice looking burgers.  Red robin is one of my family's favorites. Probably because it's loud enough that the kids aren't disturbing anyone. Their seasoning reminds me of lowrys seasoned salt. Didn't know you could buy it. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Solid burgers!  Nailed it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Love cheese smothered meat! Well done!
    McKinney, TX
  • stv8r
    Options
    Yes, it's Red Robin seasoning from the restaurant.  You can buy it at the restaurant.  Thanks for the comments!