Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Planning my first spatchcock

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    "Foil booties" were used the one and only time my grand daughter (six at the time) helped with the prep, she said her Mom (my daughter) always puts shiny socks on the chicken, who was I to argue?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    "Foil booties" were used the one and only time my grand daughter (six at the time) helped with the prep, she said her Mom (my daughter) always puts shiny socks on the chicken, who was I to argue?
    Well, maybe someday, if I get a granddaughter and she wants shiny socks on the chicken, I'll put shiny socks on the chicken.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    OK, here is the cooked end product.

No plating pics as the rest of dinner was a bunch of leftovers from the week.

Wings, and thighs and drumsticks were enjoyed by all.  Breasts will be turned into chicken salad sandwiches as that is one of the few ways I can enjoy breast meat.  bones will become stock someday.  for now, they get frozen.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.