Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp wrapped with prosciutto stuffed with jalapeno and pepper jack cheese

Options
fergi
fergi Posts: 138

Thought I'd try thinly sliced prosciutto instead of bacon to see if it would cook faster. It turned out pretty good but the prosciutto was a little too salty for my wife. Next time I'll use half a slice

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Those look darn tasty. I would probably add more jalapeno for mine :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice shrimp.  Smart - bacon needs way more heat than the shrimp can handle (although you can par cook it).  
    Options
    Dude, that looks insane!! Great combination right there. I only see 10. I'm presuming that you ate the other 50 in a blind rush.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks fergilicious. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• scottn83
    scottn83 Posts: 117
    Options
    cooking temp and time? what kept all the cheese from melting out
    hello all I live in KY Bourbon country so I love my makers, love my egg but still love my wife the most
  • fergi
    fergi Posts: 138
    Options
    scottn83 said:
    cooking temp and time? what kept all the cheese from melting out

It's been a while but I think the temp was 350 to 400. I didn't time it, just cooked it until the prosciutto was crisp. I did loose a lot of cheese and have since learned to cook cheese side first then turn. The prosciutto really helps on cooking time over raw bacon. I haven't tried par cooking he bacon first but I got some comments that it works.

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg