Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner tonight, stuffed pork tenderloin.

Options
ChillyWillis
ChillyWillis Posts: 893
Tonight I decided to cook up a few tenderloins. I roll cut them, dusted them with dizzy pig mad river; and stuffed with an apple walnut stuffing with cinnamon,all spice, maple syrup, brown sugar and butter. I tied them and cooked raised direct at 400 till 135, then a quick sear and pulled 'em. They came out amazing!  I think I'm going to make these again but marinade the tenderloins overnight in an Apple cider marinade. 

Unfortunately I didn't document the cook, only the final product. I'll get more pictures of the process next time. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me brother chilly :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    @SGH thanks brother. I was trying to remember today what it was that you used to stuff pork loins? Don't you have something that pierces the loin so you can stuff it without needing to butterfly/roll cut the meat?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @ChillyWillis- I do it 2 different ways. Sometimes I just butterfly them. But yes, I took a piece of 1 & 1/4 stainless steel pipe and beveled and sharpened one end. I can run this through the loin cutting a perfect hole through the loin. It works like a charm. I should patent it, hang a catchy name on it and start selling them.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    I'd imagine that'd help to keep the meat extra juicy. It would have been perfect for this apple stuffing. If you ever do decide to open up SGH Co. , I'll buy the first one.  ;)

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You can pound a few together for more stuffing too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON