Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers and Dogs

had some neighbors over yesterday. It was gorgeous out side but a little colder than I had thought initially. Burgers were 50/50 deer and beef. Couple little ones running around so I made some hot dogs. Loving having my eggs back under a porch. 

This is what got me wanting the XL. This was pretty cramped and it was only 4 adults and 3 kids. We can easily double that crowd. 

Ive also been been talking to some neighbors about starting summer block parties and rotating foods and stuff. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Brother I could clean that whole pile up for you in one sitting!! Looks awesone!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    This is the best kind of meal. Nothing like burgers and dogs with friends. Informal and messy!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Thanks guys. They were very tasty. 

Ive noticed that that patting out the burgers just early enough to put them in the fridge really helps then stick together better. Something about them being cold when they hit the grill they sear instead of falling apart. 

XLBGE 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    This is the best kind of meal. Nothing like burgers and dogs with friends. Informal and messy!
    I agree. Burgers and dogs are two of my very favorites.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    Love it..You know summer is a com-in
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,232
    Simple food great view!

Life is for the living! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    Nice grub but would look so much better on an XL.  (Show this to your wife). Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,596
    That looks nice.  Hard to beat burgers and dogs!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Your burgers look great I'll have to try the fridge trick with them. 

-Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE