Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post Will Appear When It's Approved

Options
logchief
logchief Posts: 1,415
Just got this message on my last two posts, waz up
LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is somewhat random, but it tends to happen when you include links or if you are quoting someone...or sometimes it happens for no reason.  

I suspect it may be some kind of spam filter on the forum.  The admins never approve the posts, so you can just consider them "lost" (unfortunately).  It sucks when you type out a long comment or post and it disappears.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    K, thanks.  Links were included
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @dmw beat me to it :angry: 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This has happened a couple of times to me, so I always click "save draft" before posting the thread. It's happens to me on comments when there are a bunch of in'line quotes(usually around 5).
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    BTW - never once that that has happened to me did my post ever appear! I mean you see that message and it is gone forever! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Furthermore I think it is a shame that the software can't be altered to allow certain links to be acceptable. There is a wealth of info at T N a k e d  Whiz site, but such references get clobbered every time!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    RRP said:
    BTW - never once that that has happened to me did my post ever appear! I mean you see that message and it is gone forever! 
    Yep, I refer to it as the indication your post just entered a black hole,never to be seen again.  So far, I think it only happens to me when there are multiple quotes in the message.  Someone told me the sneak around is to make a normal post (not a quote).  Then back go and do the Quote thing to the message you wanted to quote.  Copy all of the multiple quote boxes.  Now, go back to your previous "normal post", open it to edit it, paste your multiple quote into and save your edits.  When i do this, I never get the "black hole" message and it works just fine.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I had that problem around a year or so ago but seems to have disappeared.  Even when I post a comment with links it gets thru these days.  Definitely a random happening for me.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.