Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show us your lump!

Options
2»

Comments

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    hapster said:

Opps... That's not what you meant is it?
    @hapster     looks like a lot of smalls and dust..lol

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave
    Options
    fiver29 said:

W TF!!!

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'm **** dying over her . :lol: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bcsnave
    Options
    CAZZY...thank you for grounding this thread

Glenbeulah, WI

• bcsnave
    Options
    @doubleEGger don't make me get all Lex Luger on you

Glenbeulah, WI

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,221
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bcsnave said:
    @doubleEGger don't make me get all Lex Luger on you
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man"
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,734
    Options
    womaus said:
    hapster said:

I read it as "Show us your lump", not "Show us you're limp".

Getting my hat now, heading for the door.
    :rofl: 
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    fiver29 said:

Well, I didn't need to see that, but I suppose it pays to advertise.  If I were this guy, I'd wear nothing but tight sweatpants.
    Phoenix 
  • lordhelemt
    Options
    Some lump, lots of extruded coconut, and a really messy garage
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    I dont buy in such huge quantites as you guys, but I slowely moved from the BGE charcoal and landed on some real good stuff I love!!!!

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Some lump, lots of extruded coconut, and a really messy garage
    Can you tell us about that coconut shell lump? Do you like it?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• lordhelemt
    Options
    I started using the extruded coconut about 10 years ago. We were grilling quite a bit and I wasn't happy with all the chemicals in the traditional charcoal and also had heard some not so great things about lump. I learned coconut coal was made from the leftover shells a starch binder (if using extruded) to hold it together and nothing else so I decided to give it a try.

I've found that it burns longer and more evenly than lump. I use it exclusively for low and slow. It can be difficult to get started so I still use lump on occasion, mostly for quick stuff like burgers.

The naked wiz has done some reviews on a few different coconut coals (they are not all equal). I suggest you check there for more info.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I started using the extruded coconut about 10 years ago. We were grilling quite a bit and I wasn't happy with all the chemicals in the traditional charcoal and also had heard some not so great things about lump. I learned coconut coal was made from the leftover shells a starch binder (if using extruded) to hold it together and nothing else so I decided to give it a try.

I've found that it burns longer and more evenly than lump. I use it exclusively for low and slow. It can be difficult to get started so I still use lump on occasion, mostly for quick stuff like burgers.

The naked wiz has done some reviews on a few different coconut coals (they are not all equal). I suggest you check there for more info.
    Or we will all just keep using Ozark Oak (while it lasts) or Rockwood.  I'll die from clogged arteries before my lump ever kills me.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Hey, this is a new egger.  I've got a deal for you. I'm not connected in any way buy my lump is bigger than @hapster‌
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    henapple said:
    Hey, this is a new egger.  I've got a deal for you. I'm not connected in any way buy my lump is bigger than @hapster‌
    :)
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    hapster said:

But is it 100% natural?????

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    ^^^^ you guys are embarrassing me. Lets stick to the charcoal topic...... LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Serge Ibaka needs to license certain devices.