Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best New XL Lump Reducer

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking for an effective lump reducer for my XL.  I found one that really works!  I owe thanks to @Anton after a few PM's with him I was convinced it would work perfect for my needs.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition. Keeping up with pop?  Average cooking surface about the same for you two?

XL+Med/2 = L+L/2?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Don't let @Jeepster47 know but I actually have 105 more sq. inches now.  Funny thing is I have been debating this purchase and just went to look yesterday.  I talked to my dealer and before I knew what happened I was loading it in my truck.

He just laughed and asked how many more we were going to buy.  I said this better be it.  My wife is understanding, but I had to hawk a few other grills to make this deal palatable to her.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    You'll love it. Medium is a perfect compliment to the XL. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I've got my wife talked into something portable. Just gotta decide S or MM. Going to prove a small this week at our only local "dealer" really a furniture store where they don't have a clue. Looking at maybe a demo from GA MTN eggfest
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I was debating small or medium.  Medium can use the smokeware cap and fit my DO.

It is portable compared to the XL :)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    You won't regret the medium. 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Glad I could help Bro, enjoy. :peace: 
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Awesome
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Now I just need to wait for my Woo, Stone, and handler to get here.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    MBGE is my egg, for the two of us it is a great size, enough room to cook protein, starches and veggies. When the family is over, it mostly does protein. 12# turkey, couple of 5# chickens (part them out or chop shop them as my son says) 6 rib roast or half a pork loin. Greta addition for the guy who has an XL. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Geez, I bet we weren't west of the MIssissippi before you ran down to the store to buy a new egg.  Glad I locked my new one in the basement

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• JonWesson
    Options
    bump
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road