Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    working on seasoning my new toy after cleaning all the surface rust off of it.  It's smooth as glass on the inside.  Never had vintage cast iron it is super hard to find here in the beehive state.  Picked this up for $15 at a thrift shop today, had an old lady get mad at me when I said I would take it and she was eyeing it.  I think it's an unmarked Wagner from the 60s any thoughts from the gurus? 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Counting down the hours.  Starting tomorrow, off the next five days!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Lunch in Austin at Valentina's

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @SciAggie you win today!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Still mourning Gsa Gsa.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    Options
    Playing on my day off with the kids ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,060
    Options
    That's beautiful terrain @Ozzie_Isaac!  Where are you at?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    That's beautiful terrain @Ozzie_Isaac!  Where are you at?
    Just outside of Tucson, Az.  Took the kids up to the mountains to play in snow and explore some caves.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Hey, that's not a Jeep!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Hey, that's not a Jeep!
    No jeep yet, had to take my daily driver :)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Reported a(n) (obvious) fraudulent seller to Amazon today.  Didn't buy anything from them, but thought I'd shoot them a note to see what they'd say.  SWMBO bought some stuff from one a week or two ago.  I warned her, if it's too good to be true it isn't.  (Plus, just look for new seller, no feedback and a zillion other too good to be true items in their store).  She waited, even got a fake tracking number.  I shook my head.  Never got it, got a refund instead.  In my note I put: "I would hope you have algorithms to identify these sellers before they squash the hopes and dreams of bargain Amazon shoppers."

Anyway, this is what they sent me:

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this and bringing this to our attention.

I do understand that this seller is a fraudulent seller.

I've forwarded the details you sent us to our investigations team. Each report they receive is investigated and the appropriate action is taken on the seller.

We take reports such as yours very seriously. I assure you that we do monitor seller performance and take administrative measures on an account when warranted.

We'll take this concern as your feedback. It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.com.

We have a dedicated team working relentlessly to implement the feedback we receive. Your feedback will be carefully reviewed and I can assure that certain actions will be taken.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & would like to thank you for your continued support.

Thank you again for alerting us to this situation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
    xxxxxxxx.

Options
    I'm sure they cut and pasted it or hit cntrl-alt-f or something, but, hey, they're the ones eating the money.
    Options
    It's like everyone took their Ambien at the same time tonight....synchronized across 4 time zones.  

That's the last straw.  I'm bored.  This forum is lame. 

I'M OUTTA HERE.
    Options
    It's like everyone took their Ambien at the same time tonight....synchronized across 4 time zones.  

I'M OUTTA HERE.
    Wait, who's got ambien?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:

I'M OUTTA HERE.
    Wait, who's got ambien?
    Look for the zombie eating fried chicken with the fridge door open and empty, glazed eyes. ;)
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    working on seasoning my new toy after cleaning all the surface rust off of it.  It's smooth as glass on the inside.  Never had vintage cast iron it is super hard to find here in the beehive state.  Picked this up for $15 at a thrift shop today, had an old lady get mad at me when I said I would take it and she was eyeing it.  I think it's an unmarked Wagner from the 60s any thoughts from the gurus? 

Great score!

You are right, typewriter font makes it an unmarked Wagner.

"Made in USA"  is 1960s.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options

Fellow Nissan Frontier owner here. Nice to have a hilly playground. I just get to drive on the beach in my area.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Fellow Nissan Frontier owner here. Nice to have a hilly playground. I just get to drive on the beach in my area.
    I love my Frontier and the terrain, but I will admit I would love a beach to play on.  I have lots of sand, but no water.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Going through pictures from a recent trip. Bonus points to anyone who can tell me where they are from. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,060
    edited December 2016
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Going through pictures from a recent trip. Bonus points to anyone who can tell me where they are from. 
    Old San Juan, Puerto Rico?  I have a buddy from there. 
  • jeffwit
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    jeffwit said:
    Ding, ding. We have a winner. You have been awarded 50 bonus points. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    Hope your Dad is getting better @DMW
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just had dinner with the idiot brother, his girlfriend and my mother. Kept up a good front, smiled and even choked down the vomit as I said nice things to them. I'm due a beer or two tonight. Family. Arrrg. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just had dinner with the idiot brother, his girlfriend and my mother. Kept up a good front, smiled and even choked down the vomit as I said nice things to them. I'm due a beer or two tonight. Family. Arrrg. 
    My wife constantly tells me " being part of a family means that you sometimes have to do things you don't want to do". Sage advice. 
  • jeffwit
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My in-laws are here now until Tuesday. Anybody know what happens when you grind up Valium and add it to beer?
    I'm willing to experiment if it makes time go by quickly...
    Jefferson, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    My in-laws are here now until Tuesday. Anybody know what happens when you grind up Valium and add it to beer?
    I'm willing to experiment if it makes time go by quickly...
    It's a magical mystery tour. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    jeffwit said:
    More specifically, dat be El Morro.

• jeffwit
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    jeffwit said:

Well done, sir. Feel free to add 50 points to your total, as well. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    jeffwit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    jeffwit said:

He's cheating. His wife is Puerto Rican
  • jeffwit
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    jeffwit said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    jeffwit said:

He's cheating. His wife is Puerto Rican
    There were no rules established for this contest. No reason to be bitter. ;)
    Jefferson, GA