Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Talk me off the ledge, Rock's Barbque lack of customer response.

Options
I've wanted a Stoker for a few years and finally pulled the trigger on ordering January 30th. They charged my card and said the order was filled on February 2nd. Since then I haven't heard from them after multiple attempts of contact via phone or Email. I know they are having supply issues with their components and the guy that designs and builds the product is fully a engineer with no customer service skills. I just feel like I've been jobbed at the moment. 
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I would probably cancel the order/ contest the credit card charges at this point. Three weeks, no contact is pretty bad. Maybe give them another day or two, letting them know your plan via phone or email.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I'd tell him to shove it , pick another stoker. What happens when you finally get it and another issue pops up. No thanks
    Seattle, WA
  • orbbq
    orbbq Posts: 39
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Their website has had a pretty visible disclaimer for the last few months now:

"Stokers are back ordered until approximately 02/20/15. Stoker kits are discounted by 10% until we restock"

Although, i think the date changed, because I think awhile back it said they were back ordered until 1/31.

Several other people have indicated similar issues with time delays, but the orders always eventually filled.

I haven't seen anyone with other CS issues after the sale, I think it is just a supply chain issue for some of the components they use.

Don't have one, don't have a dog in the fight, had considered getting this one, but haven't decided for sure what I want to get...but I think if you like the features, i'd continue to wait., otherwise, if you are content with something else, move along.
    BGE XL in the Pacific NW
  • Adrock
    Adrock Posts: 93
    Options
    I ordered mine over the phone with the understanding they were waiting on supply. I however live in MN and don't reall plan on setting mine up until it warms up a bit outside. Was trying to just take advantage of the sale. It's the one I really wanted so I am just waiting it out. 
    Victoria, MN
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I knew about the supply issue before hand just figure if the guy is smart enough to design and come up with the product he could at least have a automated email system to at least thank people for their business and explain where their money has gone.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's crazy. Each time I've called they have been quite helpful. I know right now they're experiencing delays in product production/shipment so.... I dunno. FWIW it's a great product and I've had nothing but, positive experiences with support. I hope you get yours soon so you're able to enjoy it. :peace: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

I have had great service from Rock's. Both in the sales and in technical support.

I hope you get it soon. Husker is correct, it is a great product.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Aussie
    Aussie Posts: 75
    Options
    I received my stoker system last October , and its everything i hoped it would be. I ordered three blowers and probes to run three smokers and therefor needed a three port expansion cable. It was the only thing missing from the order, which I queried and was told it was out of stock and they would ship when it was back in stock.
    It was delivered by the postman yesterday. So obviously there some lead time for them in sourcing their stock.
    I run the stoker with the wifi talking to the software on the pc, fantastic product that I would highly recommend.
    One of those times when you look back at the purchase and think it was money well spent, and the product did everything you thought it would do.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    seems ive seen this same post several times over the years =) he always seems to come thru in the end though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Has anyone had to get one repaired? 
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    I'd call until someone answers.   That worked for me when I had to water damage to my Stoker.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    This is perfect....ordered mine on Friday...we'll see what happens.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    I was going to order one but am holding off due to the threads about the delays.... 
  • Adrock
    Options
    I was going to order one but am holding off due to the threads about the delays.... 
    Order now and wait and get it 10% off or wait until they're in stock at full price and get it after us who've been waiting... 
    Victoria, MN
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just got an email that mine shipped.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Adrock
    Options
    I also just got an email that mine shipped. 
    Victoria, MN
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    @DMW @Adrock what day did you guys order?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Adrock said:
    I ordered mine over the phone with the understanding they were waiting on supply. I however live in MN and don't reall plan on setting mine up until it warms up a bit outside. Was trying to just take advantage of the sale. It's the one I really wanted so I am just waiting it out. 
    Great handle. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Hey, mine says order completed on their site so hopefully I'll get a shipping notification tomorrow. I really started this thread in hopes that it would be like waiting at a bar for takeout food and getting one more beer and the food comes out the second the beer is set down in front of you. Looks like it kind of worked.   :)
  • Fireman_Joe
    Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I ordered one on 2/19/2015 and it says mine is "In Process". Upgrading from one of the original ones.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Just to prepare for anywhere between a three to four week wait unless their supply chain gets caught up.
  • Fireman_Joe
    Options
    Just got off the phone with them about my order, the parts have come in (wifi part). They said the response to the special was more then they expected and the first batch has been shipped and the rest will be going out by the end of next week. The special will still be available until the rest of the orders ship.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Adrock said:
    I also just got an email that mine shipped. 
    @AdrockGood deal.  You will be very happy with your Stoker--CS issues not withstanding.  BTW, I use my Stoker in pretty much all seasons.  I am a little sensitive to the temperature outside but so far, so good.  (10-20 degree weather)  I just use a make-shift shelter for it, which in my case is simply a little larger than shoebox size plastic container that I store it in that I place over the top of it in the cooler temperatures or misty conditions.  My egg is in a covered area, though.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• fusionhq
    Options
    Mine has not shipped!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    Mine has not shipped!
    Simmer down Brian. You just ordered it. I'm sure it'll go out soon. Call them. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm just saying. They're good peeps. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fusionhq
    Options
    I sent them an email earlier asking for an update on their stock situation. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Call them till they answer. I tried emailing 4 times because that's what is easiest for Me to do during their business hours and got no response. Called them and once I got them on the phone it was a good experience.