Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy Apricot glazed pork tenderloin with smoked baby red potatoes and mushrooms

Options
theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
edited February 2015 in Pork
Not bad for a Tuesday. Picked up a tenderloin, some tater and shrooms on the way home. Quartered the baby reds, tossed in some EVOO and then S&P and smoked paprika. Threw into the drip pan. Meantime, some S&P on to the tenderloin and let it hang out while the egg gets happy.

Light the egg with a load of RW and a chunk of pecan and handful of cherry chips. FINALLY get close to my target temp of 400. (went ahead with taters at 350, are y'all's settings completelyt different in the cold? my first winter egging) Let the baby reds roll for about 30 min. Then on with the shrooms and protein.

Put the shrooms in to party with the taters in the drip pan with just S&P. Then pork on top on the grid. (no pics as us southern sissies don't like the mid 20s for egging)

Checked temp after 15 min, getting close so on with the glaze. Apricot jam, juice of half a lemon, a palm full of red pepper flakes, a pinch of cumin and the left over EVOO from the potatoes. Pulled the PS and drip pan and got my sear on. Pulled at 138 IT.

Final verdict, the taters and shrooms rocked! The pork was good, but the glaze was weak. Really weak.

imageimage

Comments