Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Acronyms

Options
2»

Comments

• DMshow
    DMshow Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you @SGH and @anton.  Been feeling my way through the forum for about a week now.  Wish I Would have seen this earlier!

LBGE '15    
    UA Local 100

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMshow said:
    Thank you @SGH and @anton.  Been feeling my way through the forum for about a week now.  Wish I Would have seen this earlier!

My pleasure my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    @DMshow , ask us anything, anytime. Most of the time someone is awake in a time zone somewhere, and will answer your post 90% of the time.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    HDAF heavy duty aluminum foil -  took me a few to figure that out
    DFMT Dual function metal top...   Your daisy wheel top vent control
    Plate setter=Conveggtor.   Sheesh BGE  there's such a thing as respecting tradition :-)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • GuitarEC
    GuitarEC Posts: 122
    Options
    SASIL - Smart Ass Son-In-Law...   Ain't that right, @swordsmn ?

LOL

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Metro Atlanta Area
  • icunrse
    icunrse Posts: 87
    Options
    If SHMBO is wife,  what's husband? I'm not down with HHMBO since he only gets home twice a year. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC
    LBGE, and the only one on the block. My neighbor just got a new gas grill...let the games begin!!

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 895
    Options
    You need to reference the BOA, "book of acronyms". Most are TLA "3 letter acronyms" and those are referenced first in the GOA, "glossary of acronyms", followed in the GOA section of the BOA by FLA, "four letter acronyms"

For a copy of the BOA, send your request written on a $20 bill to DKW (DieselkW) by standard mail, or "USPS" or "UPS" or "FedEx".

RSVP your address if you're interested in getting a copy sent ASAP.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited May 2015
    Options
    icunrse said:
    he only gets home twice a year. 
    Wow.  Military?
    Phoenix 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Unit = one of @SGH's many smokers, as in, "just fired up Unit#6"
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    GuitarEC said:
    SASIL - Smart Ass Son-In-Law...   Ain't that right, @swordsmn ?

LOL

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Metro Atlanta Area

I think I'll get a lot of mileage from this SASIL moniker  :-)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL