Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pork Rib Roast (best thing i've cooked so far)

Options
Weather warmed up a bit here in KC so i decided to get back on the egg (its been a few weeks). Wanted to try a pork rib roast so i went in search of one at costco, no luck, then sams, still no luck, to the meat market and got a nice half of a roast.

Started the egg up and let it settle down at 350F. While the egg was coming up I covered the roast in SLAP's rub. (local BBQ joint here in KC)

Put them on indirect with the bones down and didnt touch it until i took it off at 140F internal temp.

Let it rest for about 5-6 min. couldnt wait any longer.

I've cooked quite a few things on here, ribs many times, smoked burgers, turkey, chicken, prime rib, but this was by far the best thing i've cooked. 

Granted I love pork more than any other meat but the SO said so as well and she isnt all that keen on any pork other than ribs.

On to the pictures
imageimageimage

Comments