Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mango Habanero glazed pork tenderloin medallions & Italian pork roll

Options
Cut up a rather small pork tenderloin into some 4oz. medallions and wrapped 'em in bacon. Brushed with an olive oil, canola oil, and grape seed oil blend and seasoned with Kodiak River and Bone Suckin' rub. Butterflied and pounded the tenderloin tail flat then hit it with some Green Mill pizza sauce, a few pepperoni slices, mozzarella and parmasan cheese, crushed red peppers and some basil before rolling it up and wrapping that in bacon too. Also got some apple chips soaking for a little smoke on this one.

imageimageimage Got the small egg set up indirect with the platesetter around 225* with the bottom vent open about 3/4 and the daisy wheel 1/2 open. Like yesterday, today was bitter cold so I wasn't gonna be hanging outside fiddling with the vents, I just set 'em where I figured it wouldn't get past 300* during the cook. Probed one of the medallions and threw them on the egg for about half an hour. Pulled 'em with an internal temperature of 130* and set the egg up for 500* direct. Glazed the medallions in a homemade mango habanero sauce before searing for about 90 seconds per side. I let them rest for 5 or 10 minutes while I finished the rest of dinner before slicing, they came out pretty nice. The girlfriend really liked the Italian pork roll too!

imageimageimage Happy egging!
Minneapolis, MN - 1 Large Big Green Egg & 1 Small Big Green Egg

Comments