Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

used egg new part warranty

Options

I have a used egg and am enjoying cooking pizza at 600 - 700 degrees.  If I damage the egg at the higher temps and need to buy a new base or firebox, for example, from a dealer will the new parts be covered by warranty?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

XL BGE & Mini - CT USA

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Short answer - no.

You bought the egg used and therefor have no lifetime warranty on it. You'll have to buy the parts if they break unfortunately.

EDIT - at least I think that'll be the case...
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As a Giant's fan I think they should just give you the parts - there doesn't seem to be tan many of us on here. 

It is my understanding that the parts carry a limited warranty of three years, much like stones and setters. A few years ago spoke with a guy who picked up a used egg with a broken dome. He was able to get a new dome (it was expensive) and the dealer advised him it carried a three year warranty - no registration required. Not sure if that was the dealer blowing smoke or a BGE policy.

Best to contact the Mothership and ask them directly. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Did the person you bought the egg from register the egg? Give you the warranty info? My first egg was used and when I bought it I had the blank paperwork and receipt from original purchase as if I purchased it myself. Basically the guy bought it and didn't like it after 2 cooks and I bought what would have been an eggfest type used egg with the warranty.

If you don't have this, then you will be buying new parts full retail......

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Don't worry about it, even if you get a crack the egg holds up. I had a cracked base I used for a year no issues. If I did not have the warranty I would have used it longer.
    Seattle, WA