Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Egg (XL) and Table complete...

Options
2»

Comments

• H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    iyacyas said:

For the top I used a table top planner to assure same thickness of boards before gluing together with biscuits. Then of course once the top was glued together I had to use a scrapper for the glue then a hand planner and finally sanding down to the finish.

I used pocket holes and glue for the entire frame.

Never thought of using my biscuit jointer..great idea. What glue did you use Titebond III or West Systems epoxy?

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• iyacyas
    Options
    I used Titebond III... I was going to use Gorilla glue as it is said to be waterproof, but I already had some Titebond.  The Titebond is holding up.  The table has been in use for about a year now and no warping or splitting on the top.  We do keep it in the garage though and roll it in-out as we need to use it,  so it's not exposed to the elements for long.
  • H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    Perfect! Mine will be left outdoors so we will probably use epoxy being that I keep it here for my boat projects.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    Very nice job !
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Very nice table indeed.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Very nice looking table and welcome.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH