Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Souse Vide

Options
A guy at work is looking to get a souse video set up. We were just online looking at the water ovens but we're not sure what brands are good. Does anyone have any recommendations on brands and or models to look at? Any help would be appreciated!
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I have the Anova and I'm very happy with it.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Thanks @td66snrf‌
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I have the Sous Vide Supreme Demi and the Annova. Both are great in their own way.

Polyscience is a great brand at a little higher price point as well.

I like having both but the SVS is super easy to use and is true "set it/forget it". With the immersion circulators you have to add water on longer cooks. Not so on the SVS. The circulators are way more flexible though and you can use in a cooler, or a pot or any container it has the capacity to heat.The SVS is limited to what you can fit inside it. I've never felt limited and I have the smaller unit (The Demi)

I enjoy having both. If I were getting one, i would probably get a SVS because of it's simplicity. it's totally silent and you never have to add water. It's also nice enough to leave out on the counter and you don't look like you are running a meth lab when people come over while you are using it :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Bustersdad
    Options
    I have the Anova gen 1...love using it. Great results
  • Handcyclist
    Options
    The Casa Sous Vide from Williams and Sonoma works well--as was said above, set it and forget it, it doesn't require adding additional water.  It comes with a vacuum seal system embedded in the unit as well as 20 cooking bags.  It is stainless steel so it is not a counter eyesore.  I got mine on sale plus an additional 20% markdown and free shipping.  The Casa is made in Germany.  
    Knox, PA, Medium, Mini Max, Mini, Large KJ, grandma, handcyclist, eagle watcher, always in search of good chocolate.