Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Home (pics)

2»

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Very nice. My sister lived in cumming for a few years (recently moved to Florida). I loved visiting. Very nice area. She took me delonaga? Every time we visited. Great small town USA. Congrats and enjoy
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,241
    Thanks guys! @grege345‌ Dahlonega is where we go to party with friends!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    ksmyrl said:

@theyolksonyou, I know, it was a low blow, sorry. I'm a GA Southern Eagle myself. But I work in Higher Ed so I've been watching the merger carefully. It effects a few friends of mine in the industry.

The decision to merge the two schools didn't sit well with me. Both my father in law and I played baseball at spsu. Now the program will no longer exist. Funny that Kennesaw never agreed to play us...wouldn't want to get beat by spsu...
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    thetrim said:

Awesome place and what a great setup!  Here's to many, many years of happy egging!!!

Thank you! Pumped to give my eggs a home for a while!
    Cumming, GA  

• I'm a GT alum and as an engineer in this state, it didn't sit well with me either. Out of curiosity, when were you there. I seriously work with lots of SPSU grads.
  • fence0407
    SGH said:

@fence0407‌
    Congradulations on the new house. I love the background. Looks like a fellow could slay a few deer there if he put his mind to it. Nice set up and congrats again.

Thank you kind sir. Took a walk through the woods earlier with Max and saw a big sign that prohibited hunting and fishing. Guess I'll have to quietly figure out a way to drop a deer or two back there...
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Acorn said:

OK East Cobb guys, I grew up (well not yet) there. Lassiter High school. Now we own my grandparents place is Atlanta, love it down here. Nice back yard brother.......cheers!!!!!

What year if I may ask? Thanks!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407

I'm a GT alum and as an engineer in this state, it didn't sit well with me either. Out of curiosity, when were you there. I seriously work with lots of SPSU grads.

My wife is the engineer from spsu, I'm just the lazy business grad. We both graduated in 2011. What engineering degree did u get from tech?
    Cumming, GA  

• Textile engineering. I dicked around my first two years at Dalton and couldn't get in as mechanical. Textile fits in well here in Dalton. Lots of SPSU guys in the carpet biz.
  • A few of the guys I work with played baseball there as well, but we all have a few more miles on us than you.
  • fence0407

A few of the guys I work with played baseball there as well, but we all have a few more miles on us than you.

I hear ya...my father in law was an IE at spsu back in the day. Been at Lockheed for over 30 years now. Like father like daughter..my wife's an IE. Did they ever go to spsu alumni baseball games?
    Cumming, GA  

• Not sure. One guy just turned 40. The other is late 30s. They're both a little younger than me(42). I'll definitely ask them. The younger one played some adult league stuff after school so I wouldn't be surprised if he went to some alumni events. The other's knee is shot so not likely.
  • fence0407

Not sure. One guy just turned 40. The other is late 30s. They're both a little younger than me(42). I'll definitely ask them. The younger one played some adult league stuff after school so I wouldn't be surprised if he went to some alumni events. The other's knee is shot so not likely.

Nice...glad I never had any major injuries as long as I played. Knees are no joke...
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407 said:
     Knees are no joke...

I agree with that! Last summer I fell in the rain on concrete and landed on my left knee. I broke a gravel sized piece of bone off of my patella and tore the tendon away from the bone. My surgeon said the tendon was attached to the broken piece of bone. 

They couldn't reattach the broken piece of bone so they took it out. Some days it feels okay. Some days it still hurts like hell. 

Of the 20 or so bones that I have broken this is the only one that reminds me daily that I screwed up! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • @johnkitchens‌ ouch!

this dude just has no cartilage. He's having cocks comb injected to lube the joint. No fun either.
  • fence0407

fence0407 said:

Knees are no joke...

I agree with that! Last summer I fell in the rain on concrete and landed on my left knee. I broke a gravel sized piece of bone off of my patella and tore the tendon away from the bone. My surgeon said the tendon was attached to the broken piece of bone. 

They couldn't reattach the broken piece of bone so they took it out. Some days it feels okay. Some days it still hurts like hell. 

Of the 20 or so bones that I have broken this is the only one that reminds me daily that I screwed up! 

Holy cow! I can't imagine the pain! Hope it gets better over time!
    Cumming, GA  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,799

That's a wonderful view and a nice deck!

Egg therapy :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I like the deck.  All you educated folk scare the livin' tar out of me, though.