Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swordfish Fancy Dinner

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,833
Not sure why, but I was in the mood to have a nice dinner at a set table tonight instead hanging out around our kitchen island to eat like most weeknights.

I knew swordfish steaks were on the menu, I had started thawing them last night, just need to build the menu around them.

I saw @SmokeyPitt mention this in a prior post:
and decided to give it a try. I also did a spaghetti squash and my lovely wife put together a spinach salad with dried cranberries, red onions, and feta cheese.

The whole spaghetti squash went on the small indirect at 400*. I didn't get any pics of that, it's pretty boring. Leave it on until it is soft and tender to the touch. I took it off and let it rest for a bit while I pulled the woo with stone, dropped the grid on the fire ring and opened the vents. Split it open, cleaned the junk out, and forked the good stuff into a bowl. Covered with foil and went back to the egg.

And the pics begin.
On the egg:

Shot from inside while I waited a bit:

Plated shots:

Oh, and while my lovely bride of almost 13.5 years was out and about today, she brought home these:

:D:D:D

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments