Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Que Calendar - Year in Review

Options
jfm0830
jfm0830 Posts: 987
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum

In another post I made earlier today, Griffin commented on my not having posted in a while. This is true and in this post I will cheat a bit and try to make up for that in one post. Every year for the last 9 years I have used Apple's iPhoto to make a calendar of what I have cooked from Nov-Nov in the past year. At first it was for me, but then the next year my immediately family members started asking for one, then a year later friends and then other relatives. It has proven to be a good stocking stuffer. So here is what I have been up to on my Eggs during the last year. Some I've posted here, many not. If you are interested in seeing more of annoys them click on the link to my site in my signature below. There is an index of the photos by recipe name. Go to the  Indexes menu in the masthead.

COVER

JANUARY 2015

Hawaiian Panini (Top), Smoked Meatloaf w Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce, Twice Smoked Potatoes (Bottom Left), Texas Burgers (Middle), Griddled Patty Melts (Middle Right),  Pete’s Burger (Bottom Middle) , Lamb Burgers with CI Skillet Potatoes Galette (Bottom Right)

FEBRUARY 2015

JUST DESERTS: Chewy Oatmeal Logs (Top), Hungarian Christmas Cookies (Bottom Left & Middle Center), Mini Ginger Whoopie Pies (Middle Right), Gingersnaps (Bottom Middle & Right)

MARCH 2015

Jambalaya Stuffed Peppers (Top Left), Beef & Guiness Stew (Top Right), Beef Enchilada Casserole (Bottom Left), Chicken with White Beer (Bottom Right) 

APRIL 2015

EASTER 2014: Crown Roast of Lamb, Spring Vegetables, Angel Biscuits & Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

MAY 2015

STIR FRIES: Wok Seared Vegetables, Crispy Chili Beef & Rice (Top), Stir Fried Cucumber & Pork (Bottom Left & Middle), Wok Seared Vegetables (Middle Center & Right) & Crispy Chili Beef (Bottom Right)

JUNE 2015

BREADS & ROLLS: Grilled Flatbread (Top Left),  Baking Powder Biscuits (Top Right), Gingerbread Scones (Middle Left), Chain Restaurant Rolls (Middle Center), Angel Biscuits (Bottom Right), Irish Soda Bread (Bottom Left), Focaccia (Bottom Center)

JULY 2015

Spinach Calzone (Top Left), Middle Center, Cast-Iron Gingerbread Cookies (Top Right), Grilled Corn Pudding (Middle Left), Spinach White Pizza (Bottom Left), St. Louis Style Pizza (Bottom Center & Bottom Right)

AUGUST 2015

Spanish Style Pork Kebabs (Top & Bottom Left)) Grilled Naan  (Middle Center), Lamb Kebobs with Golden Couscous (Bottom Center, Middle Right & Bottom Right)

SEPTEMBER 2015

GRILLED VEGGIES & SIDES: Grilled Corn Salad (Top), Grilled Vegetable Salad (Bottom Left) & Center, Sweet Potato Fries (Middle Center), Cast Iron Potatoes Galette (Middle Right), Root Beer Baked Beans (Bottom Right)

OCTOBER 2015

EGGtoberfest XVII: The Cook’s Area with Stone Mountain in the background (Bottom Left), The BGE Company Store, Tucker GA (Middle Center & Right), Me at the BGE Store at EGGtoberfest (Bottom Center), The Mini-Max (Left) & XXL (Bottom Right)

NOVEMBER 2015

THANKSGIVING 2013: Brined Herb Roasted Turkey smoke roadted on the Big Green Egg.

DECEMBER 2015

CHRISTMAS 2013: Crown Roast of Pork with Red Potatoes & Scallions, and Best American  Dinner Rolls

3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Excellent! This has been one of the biggest highlights of this forum since you've been here. Thanks!
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Wow. That is some great looking food.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • jfm0830
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Eggcelsior said:
    Excellent! This has been one of the biggest highlights of this forum since you've been here. Thanks!

Wow, thanks mom, your check is in the mail!! Seriously, thank you that is very kind of you to say.

And tx tulocay
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options

My wife and I have spent a great amount of time looking at your site and just mezmerized

you really know how to do it up and document it well!

Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Options
    That is beautiful. Excellent cooking, plating, pictures and documentation.
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Great pictures and great food. Add a recipe per month and people would be buying it.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Thank You!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Excellent Idea!  And what great cooks/photographs!  Thanks!   :-bd

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

@jfm0830 Holy cow that web site is amazing.  The detail you put into the posts is fantastic.  I'll definitely be spending some time there picking up some new recipes to try.

Side note: your taste in movies is impeccable!  I never tire of watching Seven Samurai.

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    Wow, what a great idea! I might have to borrow it for next year. I need to get a new camera I think. The one on my phone just isn't doing it for me!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Awesom post and awesome calendar.  Maybe you can take orders from the Forum????
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jfm0830
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for looking and posting comments about the calendar and my site. The calendar proved to be quite a surprise. I did it  as a fun thing for me and others want copies too. Who knew?

I got a lot of help when I was starting out. The website is a way of combining  my two favorite hobbies (grilling & photography) and doing some pay back for all the help I got. Plus writing down the lessons I am learning helps  organize my thoughts and helps me understand things better too. So it is nice to hear the site is helping others. Thanks for sharing that. 

@Blind99 Kurosowa is my favorite director and Seven Samurai is the shortest 3 hour 3 minute mvoie you will ever see. I love the way Kurosawa takes what ever time is needed to tell a story, be it 70 minutes or 3:30. I will add that I watched High & Low last night, if you haven't seen this one, check it out. Very interesting blend of several genres. 

@thetrim thanks but my parents have been unsuccessfully asking me for my take-out menu for years...

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    What a cool idea. Nicely done =D>
    Excellent way to document cooks and nice gift for family members that enjoys cooking.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Awesome pictures! Thanks for the inspiration, I'll be doing a crown roast now at Christmas! :-bd
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Very very impressive!! Nicely done.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks great as always Jim, I too have been away from the forum for awhile. I'm happy to see your still making some great food and using that outdoor area and your remodeled kitchen! Keep up the good work!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I bookmarked your calendar last year and went to it for inspiration.  You did it again.  Awesome cooking and photography!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice. I might do a "naked bacon man" calendar.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Jim- glad to see you posting. I always enjoy your cooks and the detail and effort you put in.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Mad skills ^:)^
    Jacksonville FL