Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Radio while egging suggestions.

Options
2»

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    Bluetooth speakers and speaker docks are very good suggestions. But I do want a radio so I can listen to sports,news and talk when not listening to music. 
    I like the durability factor of the shop radios.
    Thanks so much for suggesting! 

No reason to get radio functionality when you can get radio through your phone - via Tune In or any other number of apps.
    NOLA
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I have the Bose Soundlink and really like it. I stream Tune In for sports, Pandora, and XM. It is fantastic.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    +1 for the echo. Thanks @nolaegghead. I LOVE amazon and that gizmo is pretty cool...assuming it works as advertised.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Focker said:
    Heard a Block Rocker at the campground.  Went into Sams to check it out.  The dept mgr was really cool, told me they will be on sale, $50 off at $99 Black Friday.

Listened to the fancy Bose, and Polk players double the price side-by-side.  Not even close.

@Focker I decided on the Block Rocker Explorer it seems perfect for my needs and it gets great reviews. I'm gonna wait until Black Friday. Thanks for the tip!
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• TigerTony
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Focker said:
    Heard a Block Rocker at the campground.  Went into Sams to check it out.  The dept mgr was really cool, told me they will be on sale, $50 off at $99 Black Friday.

Listened to the fancy Bose, and Polk players double the price side-by-side.  Not even close.

@Focker
    Just wanted to thank you for the heads-up about the Black Friday sale. After lots of research and checking out prices I decided to wait for the the deal at Sam's. The Bluetooth BR Explorer that you posted above meets all my requirements.
    I was waiting for Black Friday but went to Sam's today just to check it out in person. The price on the sign said $149.00 as expected.  While in the store checking them out a worker at Sam's told me that they are on sale starting today for $99.00 REALLY!! I took one to the register to check out and....sure enough $99.00. I very happy and so is my wife because I told her this could be my birthday present from her. My birthday is Wednesday and now she need not buy me anything. 
    Thanks again!

New Orleans

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    First get Bluetooth capability- that way anyone can hook up to it. With the $150 cap I would look for a used Bose. I'm normally not a huge fan of their home stuff but their portable items are really hard to beat.
    Greensboro, NC
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    I have a Grundig FR200 emergency radio.  Sound quality is OK and I can use it even if the batteries wear out.  Doesn't have any fancy features, but is a good solid radio for carrying around the yard while gardening or egging.

http://www.amazon.com/Grundig-FR200-Emergency-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000083CUA

Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    I'll agree with @hondabbq I'm a big fan of the Sonos gear.  I have a number of zones in the house including a Connect:Amp with outdoor speakers on the patio.  Works like a charm.
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2014
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    Focker said:

@Focker
    Just wanted to thank you for the heads-up about the Black Friday sale. After lots of research and checking out prices I decided to wait for the the deal at Sam's. The Bluetooth BR Explorer that you posted above meets all my requirements.
    I was waiting for Black Friday but went to Sam's today just to check it out in person. The price on the sign said $149.00 as expected.  While in the store checking them out a worker at Sam's told me that they are on sale starting today for $99.00 REALLY!! I took one to the register to check out and....sure enough $99.00. I very happy and so is my wife because I told her this could be my birthday present from her. My birthday is Wednesday and now she need not buy me anything. 
    Thanks again!

Appreciate the heads up.  Cousins just picked one up at reg price and plan to bring in their receipt BF for exchange $$$. Looks like I'm off to Sams in the AM.    

For the folks who don't have Sams.....I saw the same Block Rocker, for the same sale price of $99 in the Costco BF ad. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TigerTony
    Options
    Here it is in action. Listening via bluetooth to some "Dirty Pool" blues music while I work in the yard and doing clean burn on my lg bge. I'm really liking it!image
    New Orleans

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Do they make a MM version of that speaker? I would suggest the Bose sound link 3 it has like a 12 hour battery life. Make sure its the version 3 though the sound link 2 only has a 4 hour battery.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @TigerTony,

Sweet!
    Glad it worked out for you.

This thing will rock at the drive-in next year.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."