Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shishito and Padron Peppers

LegumeLegume Posts: 8,313
edited October 2014 in Vegetarian
Tried shishito peppers last night for the first time at a local restaurant - they're gold.

So today we headed to the farmers market to see if we could find some, we ended up with a bunch of Shishito and Padron peppers. Both are small, not real meaty, the Padron's are smaller and a little more spicy.

I tossed them in a hot wok with just a little evoo and tossed/stirred them until they were just soft and blistered. Squeezed some lime on them, a little salt and ate 'em up with some sriracha dip.

Fantastic snack, appetizer or French fry replacement. Spicy, not hot.image
Austin, TX

Comments

• blind99blind99 Posts: 4,271
    @Legume‌ very nice! I had them at a restaurant as an appetizer recently too - they seem to be the trendy new thing. I thought they were delicious.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Those look amazing. I might have to try those soon
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,776
    That's interesting!

Visalia, Ca
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,313
    Thanks, I know I'll be doing this regularly from now on, but I'll need to find a store that carries them.
    Austin, TX
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,881
    Central Market regularly carries Padron peppers. I can usually find the Shishito peppers in Japanese markets. Both are great. Try throwing some shredded prosciutto in with the Pardons for a nice Spanish tapas dish.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,313
    Good suggestion @CPARKTX. Looking forward to the next batch already.
    Austin, TX