Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Recipes Catalog

Zarcon
Zarcon Posts: 540
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
Most of you know about The BGE Nest and aware that we are building a dedicated Recipes sections for Eggers. If you have any recipes that you would like to donate please send them to me or post them here. If you are member already, I encourage you to post them at the site.
Please include Ingredients and Directions with your submissions.

I also prefer that you have pictures of your recipes if possible, but not required. TIA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Brother I have a couple that I have been meaning to post for you. Will try to get them posted over the weekend. Sorry for the delay but been busy as heck brother Zar.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Working on getting more posted, as well. Just not enough hours in the day....or days in the week....etc etc.

Great job with the site !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Zarcon
    @SGH - No problem, I completely understand

@dldowes1 - Thank you for what you have already contributed and always welcome more. :)
    Glad you like the site.

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I am doing a 'top secret' never seen cook (here at least) this weekend. If all goes well, I will post pictures and recipe @ thebgenest 'official Ultimate Network for Eggers website'
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SoCalTim said:
    I am doing a 'top secret' never seen cook (here at least) this weekend. If all goes well, I will post pictures and recipe @ thebgenest 'official Ultimate Network for Eggers website'
    Never seen before? I'll bet its going to be EPIC!!!! :P
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Zarcon
    @SoCalTim - Top Secret huh?? Oh I cannot wait for this... eggerly waiting :)
  • dldawes1
    I feel like I'm watching a OO (double naught) Spy movie....the suspense is killing me !!!!

• Zarcon
    Whats really going to make everyone mad is when @SoCalTim sets the privacy level of the recipe to 'Me Only' so no one else will ever be able to see it..
    :-S
  • dldawes1
    no..no...!!!!

• dldawes1
    2 can play that game....I am going to post a new idea on the thebgenest website too,,,,that no one has posted here yet.

At least I've searched for it here and on the web through Giggle (I like that) and only found 1 hit that featured it. 

I'm trying it tonight and I'll reveal tomorrow as a recipe...if it works !!!

Not trying to hijack....just havin' fun !!!

DD

• Zarcon
    Let the battles begin!
  • Zarcon
    edited October 2014
    Just making sure that I keep this topic alive.. @SoCalTim and @dldawes1 owes me (us) some 'top secret' recipes!!

I wonder who is going to overcome? 
    :-w :-\"
  • dldawes1
    Prepping now.....just got 4 butts on...prepping for the rest...including the top secret weapon....hope it comes out OK !!!!

We'll see !!

DD

• dldawes1
    Probably not going to be the most special thing in the Egg World....but here's what I did tonight....

Smoked honey !!  It is awesome on vanilla ice cream...garuantee it !!

For my recipe/directions...they will be on www.thebgenest.com  

Thanks for looking !!

Sorry if you are dissappointed...but this stuff is pretty good. Can't wait to try it on some salmon !!

DD

• Zarcon
    Very nice @dldawes1 - I would like to ask something though. Is there any particular wood you used to 'smoke' with?

Also, double thanks for posting it at The BGE Nest.
  • dldawes1
    I used apple...my 1st round so I'm not sure if another might be even better.  This stuff is sure good...like I said earlier....I can't wait to try it as a glaze on salmon or ham or chicken, or ......

I just posted a White Chili recipe there as well. My wife is making it on the stove though (sshhhhh) !

• Zarcon
    Thanks @dldawes1 - I believe I have heard some say that if you can cook it ON or IN a stove, you can cook it on a Egg.. no worries..

You and other contributions have put us over 35 recipes so far.. Each one helps so I appreciate it.
  • dldawes1
    @ ZARCON ....More on the way....I've got a bunch, and...I've needed to organize and put them somewhere readily accessible/available. Thank you.

• Zarcon
    Awesome. I made the changes you requested and added a 'Summary' field to the recipes. Also changed the field order so Ingredients are before the Directions like the way it's displayed on the view page.

Now we wait for @SoCalTim to add his secret recipe :)
  • dldawes1
    Thanks....whining does work !!!!! 

• Zarcon
    @SoCalTim - So umm.. Where is that Top Secret recipe at bro? :)