Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Tuna Steak

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,833
So, suffering from the same weather as @hapster and @farbuck here.

Tuna Steak with Mango Salsa was on the menu. The wind overnight finally did in my knock off (crappy) EZ-UP. So, I wasn't going to sit in the rain and I hadn't relocated the Small to the covered front porch. Can't wait to get a covered cooking area...

Anyway, I oiled up the tuna steaks lightly and hit with some Dizzy Pig Raging River.

Started heating the Lodge cast iron grill.

And on they went. You can see from this picture why I don't like to sear inside. The smoke had the smoke alarms going off.

90 seconds and then flipped

Another 90 seconds and pulled

Plated pic:

For a cook like this I seriously can't tell the difference in results between the stovetop and the egg. However, the smokey house and cleanup effort when doing this inside will take me outside every time I have the chance.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments