Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2014 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Lit said:
    @big_green_craig we have never made recipe cards. One of our team members has a website where he posts them so people can see what we did but we aren't there to compete. We get drunk and cook.
    That's cool. I respect that. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,060
    edited October 2014
    Options

I didn't have time to try it. All I know is that guy was at our tent EARLY scoping out our recipes. It definitely did not have the creativity of Just Da Tip...
    I'm sure your food was delicious, BGC. I wasn't there to witness the other guy "scoping out your booth", but isn't that what the event is about? Looking at what others are creating? You might have more fun next year if you took a breather from competing and just enjoy the commaradry of fellow eggheads. As a cook, if you stay too busy to get out and about, you aren't taking in all the fun of the event IMO. I'm sure your food was very creative, but don't knock the 1st place guy. He must've done something right. ;) Nice job on your 2nd place win! That's something to be proud of.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig
    Just curious, don't take this the wrong way. You seem to have a competitive spirit, have you tried competitive BBQ?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sounds like it was a heck of a good time with some killer food. @Big_Green_Craig‌ congratulations on a job very well done my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    DMW said:

@Big_Green_Craig

Just curious, don't take this the wrong way. You seem to have a competitive spirit, have you tried competitive BBQ?
    Or a clothing line?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN