Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip pan for packer brisket

Options
I have not done brisket. How deep a drip pan do I need?
George
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Shallow is fine. The brisket doesn't put off much drippings. Or the 1 brisket I have egged didn't.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Whatever size you use (depth would depend on the surface area as well but unless you inject you won't get near as much renderings as a butt), make sure you get an air-gap between the pan and plate setter or whatever you use as a heat deflector.  Don't need to burn the drippings.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    Thanks for the help!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I use one, don't let it set on the plate setter , helps if anything maintain temp IMO...I fill the pain with water and broth
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian