Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 LB Bonless Leg of Lamb, any Thoughts...

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600

It is in a net and I am thinking of taking it out of the net and EVOO and DP it with Mediterranen and laying it on the XL at 300 raised direct until 135 IT, I have done them in the net and haven't had them come out like I had hoped. Also open to shish ka bob en them. Ant thoughts...

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    As an Armenian.....Yum!!!....I would Ka Bob
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Grillmagic
    Options

I am putting this on in 7 hours (its 9:45 Michigan time) and would still love a little input on this. It's still in the cryo vac and net so I only have a couple hours to decide if I am going to leave it in the net? take it out of the net but open it up and leave it whole or cube it up for ka bob's. I still have not seasoned it.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck King 

• EggAg99
    EggAg99 Posts: 21
    Options
    I take it out and pound it to a 2" thickness equally. Rub w fresh oregano, salt, pepper, garlic , red pepper, olive oil. Cook raised direct to 130 or so and then slice to serve on pita bread w Greek garnishes and feta cheese
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I take it out of the netting.  I trim off as much of the connective tissue as I can.  I then cut it into a few pieces.  Some of the smaller pieces I will tie together so they cook at about the same time as the big piece.  Rub with olive oil, and apply fresh rosemary, garlic, and black pepper.  Cook direct at 350* to 400* raised direct.  Cut the temp by 50* if not raised.  I cook to around 130*.

There was a third small piece tied up.  Used for quality control inspection on site.  ;)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    Ragtop99 said:
    I take it out of the netting.  I trim off as much of the connective tissue as I can.  I then cut it into a few pieces.  Some of the smaller pieces I will tie together so they cook at about the same time as the big piece.  Rub with olive oil, and apply fresh rosemary, garlic, and black pepper.  Cook direct at 350* to 400* raised direct.  Cut the temp by 50* if not raised.  I cook to around 130*.

There was a third small piece tied up.  Used for quality control inspection on site.  ;)

Oh My!!! and Yum.... I ended up cubing mine up for Bobs and plan on cooking it at 300 direct, this is the third boneless leg I have done.

It's done and in peoples belly, however I think I will stick with rack's of lamb or lamb chops from now on. Leg of lamb is just not as good as chops or a rack. I cooked them until 135/140 and the doneness was great but the flavor just wasn't there.