Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutland gasket

2»

Comments

• jschmidt75
    jschmidt75 Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Where can I buy this, and how much do I need for an XL and MM. 
  • @RRP gasket on isle 653...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,965
    @RRP gasket on isle 653...
    LOL - at least you didn’t say RRP...CLEANUP - isle 653...
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,039
    Sometimes I just like to deal with a man who's deal is based on a handshake and good eye contact while he is shaking your hand.  Though I have never shaken Ron's hand nor have I looked him in the eye, I know that he is that type of man.  Rutland from RRP is the only way to go for me.  Nuts and bolts I buy from Ace with the handy hardware man.  Cest la vie
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • In four and a half years i replaced the original 6 months in and still using the Rutland from Ron.
    great product  thank you Ron.
  • cpobrien
    cpobrien Posts: 5
    edited July 2023
    Hello all! I have a question? I just replaced my old felt gasket with Ron's Rutland gasket using the copper glue. I have noticed after it dried there's a fair amount 
    of discoloration on the top of the Rutland gasket, kind of a thin orange tint. No doubt it's from the glue bleeding through but is this ok? It's certainly not thick dried glue but it just seems like a very thin layer of the glue bled through. It's not just in random spots but pretty much throughout, is this ok?

• cpobrien said:
    Hello all! I have a question? I just replaced my old felt gasket with Ron's Rutland gasket using the copper glue. I have noticed after it dried there's a fair amount 
    of discoloration on the top of the Rutland gasket, kind of a thin orange tint. No doubt it's from the glue bleeding through but is this ok? It's certainly not thick dried glue but it just seems like a very thin layer of the glue bled through. It's not just in random spots but pretty much throughout, is this ok?

It’s fine. Cook away and enjoy. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 215
    Sometimes I just like to deal with a man whose deal is based on a handshake and good eye contact while he is shaking your hand.  Though I have never shaken Ron's hand nor have I looked him in the eye, I know that he is that type of man.  Rutland from RRP is the only way to go for me.  Nuts and bolts I buy from Ace with the handy hardware man.  Cest la vie
    Couldn’t agree more! I ordered from @RRP a couple years ago and have referred many to him since. Just his instructions are worth it!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    edited August 2023
    @RRP

I need a gasket. My medium gasket has shrunk and come unglued, kind of like my wife in the last six months. I'm not even sure what's keeping her pants up anymore she's shrunk so much. I'm pretty sure next year I,'m going to have to get her shoes with boob rests on the top.

The point is I needed a gasket kit, mostly.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,766
    I ordered my Rutland(s) from Ron. He includes detailed instructions that are virtually idiot proof (unless your DJing incoming calls from prospective job inquires and juggling adult refreshments). He sends exactly the right length of gasket material (minus maybe an inch or so). And the price is beyond reasonable. Nuff said.

This is exactly what I did, installation was a breeze.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va