Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lodge 8 quart camp dutch oven on Amazon

Options
Seems like a pretty good deal if someone is in the market for a dutchy.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Laxin16
    Options
    Has anyone used this dutch oven on the Egg before? Worth buying?

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I love mine. I like the legs for my placesetter. Almost time for soups, stews and chili. I also bake bread in it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I love mine as well. The advantage of the legs is it keeps the bottom of the pot from building up a burnt layer of food. As you know you don't use soap or rough scrappers to clean seasoned cast iron pots so the legs are a real plus! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • apfroggy0408
    Options
    Think this will fit a medium egg?
    A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    henapple said:

I love mine. I like the legs for my placesetter. Almost time for soups, stews and chili. I also bake bread in it.

I wish I were saying that now. Real feel of 104 today. At least it's down from feel of 107 yesterday.
    Dunedin, FL
  • RRP
    Options
    Think this will fit a medium egg?
    sure it will
  • GreenWave36
    Options
    thanks for the heads up... just bought one.
  • Maxwell1331
    Options
    thanks for the heads up... just bought one.
    + 1
    LBGE, MiniMax, Weber Genesis and a hunger for all grilling knowledge! Aledo, TX
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    I did the same. Thanks for the heads up.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I want it too but the boss said there is no more room in the cabinets! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    @ smokeypitt. It's time to either buy a cabinet or make one. How can she argue with that??? Lol
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    RRP said:

I love mine as well. The advantage of the legs is it keeps the bottom of the pot from building up a burnt layer of food. As you know you don't use soap or rough scrappers to clean seasoned cast iron pots so the legs are a real plus! 

I guess that I have been lucky so far because mine does not have legs and I always place it directly on the plate setter. I never had problems with anything sticking. That being said, I mostly use it to bake beans at low temperature (250-300F).

@SmokeyPitt - thanks!
    I have the little 5 quart no feet domed DO, have been waiting for the 8 quart flat top with legs to go on sale - somehow I missed this, Thanks again for sharing. Ordered.
    There is the fact that SWMBO is going to kill me, I might never get to cook in it!

@paqman - only had a couple of sticky issues with my smaller no legs DO - the legs take the worry out of being close allowing the air to moderate the temp of the DO bottom. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RRP
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Here's a little hint that works for me with my 3 legged camp style DO. Since this is not a frequent used item it gets stored in an out of the way closet that has wire selves. The legs make it a bear to store there until I took a square piece of 1.5" Styrofoam and carefully sholved the DO down on it to make indentions for the legs and now it sits securely on the wire shelf.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    RRP said:

Here's a little hint that works for me with my 3 legged camp style DO. Since this is not a frequent used item it gets stored in an out of the way closet that has wire selves. The legs make it a bear to store there until I took a square piece of 1.5" Styrofoam and carefully sholved the DO down on it to make indentions for the legs and now it sits securely on the wire shelf.

That's a good idea. I always have a stash of wood chips in mine.

Options
    @Skiddymarker‌ That's a small buy. Blame it on your fellow forum members.

paqman said:
    @Skiddymarker‌ That's a small buy. Blame it on your fellow forum members.
    Yes it is, but SWMBO says she is suffering the death of a thousand cuts - bit melodramatic given she usually enjoys what comes off the egg, but you know how egg widows can be!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    +1 thanks for the info..wife will just be surprised I guess. Hehehehe
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin