Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: info on Big Sur area

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,676
Looking for good place or two to stay in Big Sur area. We drove the coast a few months ago but would like to stay a few days in a couple of places. I do not have LawnRangers money so no $500 a night please. We will stay in San Diego for a few nights (hope you are free Judy) and head North.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• wpendlegg
    wpendlegg Posts: 141
    Options
    We stayed here back in May in one of the camping cabins

The grounds are quiet and clean, and have bathrooms and showers. We were there on vacation and wanted to camp in Big Sur but didn't have equipment needed for TRUE camping (We flew in from Texas to San Francisco, after all) but it turned out to be perfect. It was basically like a hotel room. There are plenty of scenic views and trails to hike around it.
    Lubbock, TX
    Large BGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just did that cruise last summer. Flew in to San Diego and out of SF 11 days later. We even did a day in Yosemite.

TFJ has all the notes from where we stayed and what we did. I'll track it down for you.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX