Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@SGH Come hungry tonight

Options
I have a couple Grass-Fed cowboy rib-eyes in the Sous Vide and a Prime Tri-tip defrosting in the fridge to cook tonight.  So bring the wife if you can, and come hungry!

@SGH Thanks again for offering to come help me align the dome on my XL.  It's been a challenge since I first set up my outdoor kitchen.
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    That is mighty kind of you my friend. And just for the record I'm always hungry!! Glad to help out brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    I have never had Sous Vide that I know off. Been wanting to try it.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have never had Sous Vide that I know off. Been wanting to try it.
    I find it shines best with chicken. I'll throw a boneless skinless breast in too just so you can try it. It's really the BEST way to do chicken in the world
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    I will gladly eat it brother!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    Did I eat enough? I can do better next time if need be . :D

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    I think I did my part. ;)image

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sounds like you put the beat down on supper @SGH‌ ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I held back a little so I wouldn't look like a glutton. But that being said I ate more than my fair share. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    It was a feast for sure!
  • SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    No doubt about it. It was excellent to say the least.

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Was the dome alignment successful, or did y'all just pass out from a food coma and skip that part?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    Options
    I couldn't get the front to back to back to line up. Going to do some investigating and try again. His is a XL and the hinge is totally different than my large.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Any advice is welcome.

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    I haven't had to fix this issue myself, but I have seen a few posts on an "underbite".  

Here is one example with some suggestions:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    Options
    If his would have been a large I could have adjusted it in just a second. The hinge mechanism is totally different on the XL. I didn't want to risk breaking anything on someone else's egg. Plus what had me a little nervous was his egg is sitting in a counter top that cost more than my Chevy Avalanche. I was real hesitant about touching anything.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    You really can't imagine what his place looks like. Hollywood hills in the country.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌
    Thanks for the links

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    No problem.  I have seen pics of @Thatgrimguy's backyard resort and it looks incredible! 

• SGH
    Options
    You should see the front yard. The 2 side yards. The drive in. It's on a different level. Oh I forgot the boat dock. The man has it going on for sure. I was both impressed and blown away. You can dock a boat in his side yard. Literally.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The next time I go if he lets me come back over I'm going in a 21 foot Bay Boat. Going to dock it by his house and take a pic if he allows me to. You can pull right up to his home by boat. That is beyond cool. I would kill for such a luxury.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I don't understand why he doesn't post more cooks. His food quality can more than hold it's own with anyone's on the forum. The man can flat out cook. No question of it.

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @SGH you are too kind.

I never remember to take pictures. And you can't post cooks if you don't take pictures. That, and we basically live off spatchcocks, steaks, or pork chops and some sort of grilled/roasted veggie. Basic cooks, but we do them 5 out of 7 nights a week lately.

I need to buy a new DSLR lens. I dropped mine on vacation and broke it. Much better pics than on my iPhone.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Not to mention... I'm young. Most of ya'll have been cooking longing than I have been breathing!!   :))
  • SGH
    Options
    You may be young but your cooking skills are unsurpassed and well seasoned.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    I'm bringing the big vertical up to temp for tonight's cook. Trying the Rockwood that you gave me .

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Sounds like a great place, time, and cook with a fellow Egger....and I also saw some pics of his deck and dock-----totally beautiful.
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    I had a real good time and a awesome meal. Brother the pic he posted of his place is just the very tip of the iceberg. The very tip only. They are excellent people to say the least.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @SGH you are too kind.

I never remember to take pictures. And you can't post cooks if you don't take pictures. That, and we basically live off spatchcocks, steaks, or pork chops and some sort of grilled/roasted veggie. Basic cooks, but we do them 5 out of 7 nights a week lately.

I need to buy a new DSLR lens. I dropped mine on vacation and broke it. Much better pics than on my iPhone.
    We are on the same routine maybe hamburgers as well. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌ @Thatgrimguy‌
    Y'all really should post y'all's cooks. I would love to see them for sure

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I was for a while then it seemed like the same posts over and over again. 

Johns Creek, Georgia