Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh, my tender loins

Options
jerryb78
jerryb78 Posts: 215
I made some pork tenderloins for the first time on the egg tonight. Couldn't get too much simpler. It's a nice fast cheap weeknight cook. I brined them for an hour or two, wish I would've had time to get them going sooner. Seasoned one with raging river and the other with pineapple head. They were both good but I think I prefer the slight heat of the RR.

400ish raised direct for maybe 30 minutes, pulled at IT of 140 and rested for 10 before slicing. Served with homemade applesauce that I made while the egg was warming up. imageimageimage
LBGE
Menasha, WI

Comments

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Awesome looking cook. Yes, very easy but also very tasty. I love them with the dizzy coffee rub..
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Doesn't get much better than that. One of my go to meals. To add a twist, wrap them in bacon. When done, cut next to each wrap of bacon, layout and add a butter compound of your choice. My mom's favorite meal I make for her.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Looks great. I read earlier today that the average Pork Tenderloin now has roughly the same fat content as chicken breast.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

Looks great. I read earlier today that the average Pork Tenderloin now has roughly the same fat content as chicken breast.

Yep, they keep breeding all the flavor out of them.

Nice cook BTW!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Options
    @thatgrimguy Sounds about right.  I look at them in the same way that I look at chicken breast.  They're pretty boring on their own, but they're a blank canvas for whatever seasoning you want to apply to them.

@bigguy136 I may have to try the bacon wrap again at some point.  I've had mediocre results with it in the past where the bacon just wouldn't crisp up the way I wanted, but it probably had more to do with my technique than anything.  I'll get back on the horse eventually.
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I put mine in a jerk marinade. It's tasty!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That looks like a winner to me! Good job.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks tasty :-bd
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Nicely done!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I got 2 in the freezer need to move them forward ..Thanks for the inspiration. Your "Tender Loins" look great.. :)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....