Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My dealer Rocks

Options
2»

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ 1. There's no hope for my dealer. When they are at the fair cooking all day brats once a year, there is usually someone from BGE there with them. (I assume so as there is always a BGE company pickup there) They never have any stock and there's just no hope.
    NW IOWA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Philly35‌ Believe it or not sometimes the customer is the dealers best sales tool. However, if they don't have the will to succeed there isn't much you can do I spect. Are they an extremely small dealer? Mine is an average size dealer. But, Hagen Ace Hardware group has I believe 4 to 6 locations and most of them w/ BGE.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Philly35
    Options
    They have quite a few locations around this area. They are just employees earning a paycheck. I would love to have a small owner committed dealer around here. Perhaps I should invite my bait shop guy over for a meal!
    NW IOWA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌, my dealer is pretty great to. When my fire box cracked they said send them photos and get it replaced. I also had a BGE raised grid I bought about 2 or 3 months ago and it broke. They had it replaced in a few days. They offer demo classes and offer other cooking classes like for briskets, butts, rib, chicken and pizza at a great cost. If I get a table or something else I hope they may do the same.
    @Philly 35, what's wrong with Verizon? I switched from Sprint to Verizon and network and coverage is better, but I gave up unlimited data for 2 GA which sucks. I usually us more WIFI now. Sprint doesn't work at all.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Philly35
    Options
    Verizon has been around here for about six years now. When they bought out the old provider, part of the deal was they can't change out those plans for x amount of time. Well, I was with the old provider and now that x amount of time is about up. So bye bye unlimited data and text and also the bill goes up about thirty dollars. And I use data a lot for work.
    NW IOWA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    @stlcharcoal‌ I think they're gonna try some at the demo this weekend (doing one every Saturday right now). When I get a lil more $$$ I'll buy one or two more. As it sits I still have 40# or so of WGWW and now 40# of RW. He (Nathan) wants to see if local eggheads will purchase it. Before he starts buying it by the pallet. @dobie @fusionhq‌ There are quite a few eggheads out here but, very few on the forum.
    Whether they order 1 bag or 100 bags, it should be the same price from their warehouse.  That's how I understand it since the truck is coming to their store once a week no matter what.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Time for me to chime in. I love my dealer and I'm quite sure he loves me to. I tell him I saw this can I get it and how much?

He thought I was crazy when I asked about the 12 foot inflatable Mr egghead. But he got me one. Yeah i know a fool and his money will soon be parted.

oh and one more thing. I was on the road last week to come home to find another large in the gatage. Don't know what the wife paid but they b p the said not to worry about it. I am now 2 shy of a carton....come on mini max :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Time for me to chime in. I love my dealer and I'm quite sure he loves me to. I tell him I saw this can I get it and how much? He thought I was crazy when I asked about the 12 foot inflatable Mr egghead. But he got me one. Yeah i know a fool and his money will soon be parted. oh and one more thing. I was on the road last week to come home to find another large in the gatage. Don't know what the wife paid but they b p the said not to worry about it. I am now 2 shy of a carton....come on mini max :D

I gotta know, how much for the 12 foot inflatable Mr Egghead?
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Dobie said:

Time for me to chime in. I love my dealer and I'm quite sure he loves me to. I tell him I saw this can I get it and how much?

He thought I was crazy when I asked about the 12 foot inflatable Mr egghead. But he got me one. Yeah i know a fool and his money will soon be parted.

oh and one more thing. I was on the road last week to come home to find another large in the gatage. Don't know what the wife paid but they b p the said not to worry about it. I am now 2 shy of a carton....come on mini max :D

I gotta know, how much for the 12 foot inflatable Mr Egghead?

Screw the Santa inflatable I wanna egghead inflatable.
    :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Ok remember the fool comment....2600.00 for the inflatable....funny thing is they want to rent it from me when they do a demo cook.

now if they only made a Mr egghead Halloween costume I'd be all over that.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options
    It's been real busy here lately but i will try and get Mr egghead puffed up and get a picture on here

Clinton, Iowa
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @badinfluence I can only assume your kids (or grand-kids, not sure of your situation) all have the Egghead plush toy? My little guy loves his.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @DMW oh yeah my 11 year old boy has a few of them.

Clinton, Iowa
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ - I'm certain many here will agree that you have a problem...

... But a great problem! :) Love it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

@DMW oh yeah my 11 year old boy has a few of them.

But, does he have a bakers dozen? =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Yeah I know I have a problem. But the last one the wife is enabling my egg addiction. >:D< Guess it could be worse i could b e s border wait a minute i might be I'm running out of room

Clinton, Iowa
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Philly35 said:

Verizon has been around here for about six years now. When they bought out the old provider, part of the deal was they can't change out those plans for x amount of time. Well, I was with the old provider and now that x amount of time is about up. So bye bye unlimited data and text and also the bill goes up about thirty dollars. And I use data a lot for work.

@Philly35‌, I have Verizon and am grandfathered in on unlimited data. Just buy an unsubsidized phone and have it activated. It's how I keep my plan. This is assuming Verizon isn't going to force you to change upgrade or not. Sounds like that may be the case but I wanted to make sure.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    You still on or done turned in?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Haughdaddy
    Options
    I have to brag on the Hagan Ace Hardware, such a great group of people who always put the customer first. I am a little biased as the Hagan's are great family friends, (Heck I had my wedding at their house) but if you are in Northeast Florida area I know they would love to help you out. A few months back I was cooking at my buddies house and my buddy forgot to pick up lump, so I called Jacob (owners son) and he brought me a bag. Luckily he lives a couple minutes away from me and he hadn't left the Mandarin store. Also he asked if I ever wanted to cook at one of their Saturday demos just say the word. Also if you are wanting to see the XXL in person they were lucky enough to get one in their Mandarin store. Sorry to be long winded but I love this family and all they have done for my family over the years, so any chance to brag on them... I will.
    Father of 3 - Husband-Teacher- golfer- and Egger 2 Large
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    That sounds like one awesome dealer! My dealer is good but I'm not sure I'd get a deal like that. Enjoy!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Haughdaddy‌ +1 obviously they are my dealer. I've shopped w/ almost all the Hagan Ace's. I mostly go to the Middleburg and OP location. I wish Middleburg was also a BGE dealer but, the OP location is a hop, skip and stumble for me (so no biggie). I have also went to the Julington Creek (Mandarin) location for egg items because my office is fairly close to them. They are beyond excellent to do business with. And "Nathan" at the OP store has been fantastic. Nothing but good to say about these guys. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014