Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday #1

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Never done just wings before. Prior to getting the BGE, I've only grilled chicken breast. Also, when we eat at restaurants, it's always breast meat. After doing a couple of spatchcock chickens, I've realized wings are very tasty. Decided to pick up a small pack of these tasty pieces to egg. Since everybody left to watch Shakespeare in the park tonight, I took the opportunity to cook up a batch. WOW :-bd
Mixed up a ziplock bag of Mickeys coffee rub with a little flour to season half of the batch. The other half was mixed with Johnny's and a little flour. After shaking them all up, I placed them uncovered in the refrigerator for two hours.
On the grill at 350 degrees raised direct.
imageimage
Put a light coat of this stuff on all of them about 8 minutes from pulling off the grill.
Finished wings.
Crispy and tasty B-)
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good looking Wangs! Nicely done sir. Betcha these are going into regular rotation now. ;-)
    Posting this at 2AM brings up some questions though? Are you SGH reincarnated. =))
    89 years old
    Currently works 16 hour shifts on an Oil Rig
    Only sleeps 4 hours a day
    Been dipping longer than most of us have been alive
    BBQs almost everyday
    Eats said BBQ almost every day, all hours of the day

And yes @Chris_Wang‌ I said it....Wangs B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    That's funny @NPHuskerFL‌ . It's only 0025 Mountain time. I'm a night owl. I've worked nights for the last 5 years, so my days off are similar as far as sleep patterns. Also, when I get down time at work, I checkout the forum. Definitely not @SGH reincarnated, I don't know Jack and I'm still in my rookie season when it comes to this BGE stuff.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming