Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally tried Little Stevens inverted Chicken

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
Getting a little bored with cooking spatched chicken (don't shoot me) so I decided to try the inverted chicken that LS has talked about.
Started out with just over 4lbs bird. Grabbed some fresh thyme,parsley,basil and rosemary and tied it up to stuff in the cavity and used @mickey coffee rub on the skin
Here it sits at 350 indirect with a cooks treat of gizzard and liver rubbed with Jamaican Firewalk image Since chicken isn't enough for a meal I cut up some zukes pasta style and made a marinara sauce to go with. imageimage For those that haven't cook a chicken this way you should try it. Way way juicy and tender with the thighs getting done the same time as the breast image And probably one of the sloppiest plates I have made in a while but it all tasted oh so good image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments