Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firecraft

Farbuck
Farbuck Posts: 276
I just got back from going to their distribution location - I live fairly close and wanted to meet them. 

They are terrific people and serious about BBQ.

Two thumbs up for Firecraft.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Ok - I'll be the first to bite...what is Firecraft?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @farbuck - tell us what you bought!! If I ever stop servicing one of my K&B dealers in IL (where I get my RW) I will be buying from Firecraft.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    I bought Ozark Oak and Rockwood plus some Dizzy Pig seasonings.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    I order from fire craft also
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    RRP said:

someone needs to move that rock so you can get out from under it! :)

firecraft.com for many things bbq. Free shipping if you spend over $100, including lump. They carry Rockwood among others.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    SWMBO usually has a few things to say when a firecraft box shows up at the house.
    NOLA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

someone needs to move that rock so you can get out from under it! 

forgive me - I just haven't been out much since I fell off the turnip wagon. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Next bag I open will be either Rockwood or OO I got from Firecraft.
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @RRP - was just messing with ya! I haven't made it out much either since caliprince joined us :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Ever since I found Firecraft and there spend over $99 bucks you get free shipping they are my one and only source for charcoal. Rockwood all the way!!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

Firecraft is a great company.  They're one of our largest retailers--they were chosen to handle the mail order business rather than us contracting with a fulfillment company.  After speaking with their management and satisfied customers, it was an easy choice. 

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    I work about 8 miles from them. I've got to stop by one day after work and pick up some Rockwood to try.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • badinfluence

I work about 8 miles from them. I've got to stop by one day after work and pick up some Rockwood to try.

I'm sorry as that means you live in PA also
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • I've been over there a couple times for some rockwood. Both times I have ended up in a conversation about rubs or sauces and they've talked me into trying various ones all to great success. Couldn't be friendlier or give better service.
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    What's wrong with living in PA?
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    hapster said:
    What's wrong with living in PA?
    I'll admit the beer/alcohol sale laws are pretty bad.

Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Ballardbbq
    Ballardbbq Posts: 27

Ordered from Firecraft for the first time. My 280 lbs of lump is being delivered today by FedEx. PA to Seattle, ordered Sunday, delivered Friday, not bad. I'd have been happy to buy this locally but can't find RW or OO anywhere around here

Large, Medium & Mini-Max - Seattle & a Puget Sound Island

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I ordered 10 bags of Rockwood from them a week ago and they were here in 3 days.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I think the big question is, Where are they in PA??

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503

I think the big question is, Where are they in PA??

They're just outside of West Chester
  • JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    Very happy with my experiences with firecraft!
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    firecraft=good
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    I got my first order from Firecraft a couple weeks ago. Got a mix of Rockwood and Ozark Oak. I've only been through one bag of Rockwood so far, and while I can say it is a nice, neutral smoke, the first bag was a lot of small pieces. Could be an anomaly, could be due to shipping - I'm only about 30 minutes from them). It was still usable. I'm not going to judge on one bag based on everyone else's reviews. Besides, I have two more.

I do like to support brick and mortar, I've gotten OO once from the Tastylicks store (where I also got my BGE), but going there can be hit or miss with their hours/inventory sometimes. They do have good prices also. I should call ahead I guess.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Firecraft is fantastic.
    Southern California
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I am also a Firecraft fan. Getting lump and rub shipped for free is great! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • badinfluence
    I do agree. 100 lbs of lump a little over 100.00 cuz shipping was free...oh and saved gas as i didn't have to go to the store...and as a added bonus i didn't have to put it away either as i was out of town when it showed up so the wife had to put it away. :))

Clinton, Iowa
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Another nice thing about firecraft is I can throw in a couple of rubs, or some different smoke woods, to get that total over $100.  SWMBO just sees lump.

NOLA
  • badinfluence
    I can't find oo anywhere near me so it's a win win for everyone

Clinton, Iowa
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710

Royal Oak for $6.58 for a 8.8lb bag at Wal-mart. I just ordered some Fogo Lump from Amazon but haven't cooked on it yet. I've been wanting to try Ozark Oak, but now I'm hearing the group talk highly of Rockwood. Is the consensus that both OO and Rockwood are quite a bit better than Royal Oak? (Royal Oak is $.75/lb vs. Ozark Oak at 1.00/lb). I want a good all-around lump for high heat (pizza) as well as low and slow..

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The consensus is more people are vocal on this forum about saying they (OO and Rockwood) are better than RO.