Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuesday night cook

Options
A few country ribs (with evoo and a few Dizzy Pig rubs) and squash caserole. 
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Look's great from here!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Dizzy pig rubs are real good.... Oh yeah!
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks!

This was a base of Shakin' the Tree with Pineapple Head & Ragin' River and a sprinkle of Fajita-ish. Smoked with Cherry wood.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Eggbertsdad‌
    Country style ribs is my wife's all time favorite. Yours look excellent my friend! Good job! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggbertsdad
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Eggbertsdad‌ Country style ribs is my wife's all time favorite. Yours look excellent my friend! Good job! =D>
    Thanks. I did them at 300 raised direct for 1:20. The were about 185 and had a nice little smoke ring. My wife was happy with the outcome and she didn't need to use the over for her caserole. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Pineapple Head is great on pork!  Nice cook!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggbertsdad
    Options
    Pineapple Head is great on pork!  Nice cook!
    Pineapple Head would be good on a car bumper!

I halved some peaches a while back and filled the pit with brandy and sprinkled Pineapple Head on them and cooked raised direct about 300ish. NICE! Scoop of ice cream and BAM!
  • SGH
    Options
    @Eggbertsdad‌
    My wife wants me to ask if you will post the squash casserole recipe? Thanks in advance from Mrs. SGH

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggbertsdad
    Options
    Not a problem. She's sitting right here telling me:

3 large yellow summer squash
    1 medium onion

Chop both and boil until soft (3-5 minutes after boiling). Drain. Mash or immersion blend.

Add 1 egg
    Add 1 can of mushroom soup
    Add 8oz shredded cheddar
    Add 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers (crushed)
    Add black pepper and parsley to taste

Mix together and pour into greased dish. Kathy uses a 4x9 loaf pan/caserole.
    Top with French's Fried Onions (if you want)

Bake until bubbly. 300-350.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Eggbertsdad‌
    Tell her that me and my wife both thank her kindly my friend. My wife is going to make it. She loves squash!!

Status- Standing by.

• Eggbertsdad
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Eggbertsdad‌ Tell her that me and my wife both thank her kindly my friend. My wife is going to make it. She loves squash!!
    Thank you and enjoy!